Starbanner of the EoT

Valued friends of exploration, proximity travellers and wanderlust sympathizers!

Preface:
The great expedition ‚Distant Worlds 2‘ was officially completed a few weeks ago. The last thrusters raised dust at Beagle Point before the remaining ships left this meeting point at the other end of the galaxy and dispersed in the black ocean.
Some of you fellow travellers flew ahead some time ago and others stayed a while longer at this distant place.
Different directions to different targets were chosen, some near and some far away. Then the system at the end of the milky way was left again. Only tracks in the dust attested to the visit of the enormous fleet of DW2.

Planning:
In this time of deep space travelling a new idea was born by Commander Ben Wolf Romach and Commander Saltok. This idea led to a new project the Explorer on Tour embraced empathically.
Independently both Commanders proposed to show a logo of the EoT on the galaxy map similar to the formation that was used to form the letters of the EoT some time ago.
The difference this time should be that all participants would create a symbol that would fill the whole galaxy!
Spanning 30k to 55k light years this project was to become the biggest coordinated event in Elite Dangerous on the g-map ever.

Execution:
A few weeks before the day of the event I looked out of the window of my Anaconda. Out there I can see the milky way. Far away. The band of white mist filled my whole field of vision. These star mist billowed like morning haze on a clear autumn day when the sun is still below the horizon.
The light seemed to rest statically in the dense field of gas orbs that lighten our firmament. Some points stand out like sugar crystals distributed along the lines of a secret plan of creation on the masterpiece of a confectionier.
A look in the GMap shows me some already heading to the eternal expanse of the galaxy. Some of them was in place weeks ahead of schedule and investigated the vicinity. Others rushed to to their assigned positions during the last days before the event.

Using a spreadsheet 33 Commanders were able to reserve and reach a pre-defined position at the due date 7th of September and there we waited. Motionless.
To create the largest banner of stellar history ever!
The Explorer on Tour present their group logo on a galactic scale!

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

A short video from commander Vincense:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAtjOQ6TW6k&feature=youtu.be

We owe a big thank you to all participants of this event! Only with your enthusiasm and enjoyment of common projects all of this was possible. Even a simple thing like finding a fitting date for everyone took weeks. We really intended to show every participating Commander – and only them - on the gmap at the same time.
To enable this we operated in the private group of Commander Vincense. He deserves much praise for all the effort he put into this project.
He took screenshots, polished them, supplemented them and even recorded the video! He invested countless hours in this event to make it as special as it became!
Commander Vincense, please accept a hearty thank you for your work, your time, for this successful work!
The translation of the German draft into English was done by our esteemed ambassador Aidan Abacus. I am very pleased that you contributed in this way to our project.
Lastly I want to wish every participant a good journey on, impressive discoveries and special moments in the galaxy or wherever you may go!
Exploratory greetings
For the Eot by Largo Ormand

The original thread on the german fansite elitedangerous.de can be found here:

Greetings

Sorry.
The Event was announced and planned on the german speaking forum Elitedangerous.de only.
There are most of the member of the EoT.

Top Bottom