Starfield Sound Design...

Promotional videos always say things like that. 😆
still, a very interesting project. One to follow..

Flimley

I like the idea of Starfield, but its Bethesda and preorder generally burns you.

It's Bethesda.

I'll wait and see what it's like when it's released.

Preordering a standard edition, or even digital is the dumbest idea ever. Especially with the certain retail 30% off sales a month later.

I mean preorder the collectors edition. I have a keen memory of a friend of mine oddhandedly displaying the alduin statue on his hallway table. I remember deliberately deciding not to get it as i never really clicked with the previous elder scrolls games. Fast forward a few years later and it was on sale, i finally understood the non corridor gameplay and was hooked. Really regretted not getting it. So for me its the other way around, if its bethesda, i better get it just in case.

I think also its just a sign that gaming feels to me like its peaked. There haven't been any games that make someone in their 40's feel good about being interested apart from w3 and rdr2. As the years go by gaming is no better than cinema. And being better than cinema was why gaming was the point.

Preordering a standard edition, or even digital is the dumbest idea ever. Especially with the certain retail 30% off sales a month later.

I mean preorder the collectors edition. I have a keen memory of a friend of mine oddhandedly displaying the alduin statue on his hallway table. I remember deliberately deciding not to get it as i never really clicked with the previous elder scrolls games. Fast forward a few years later and it was on sale, i finally understood the non corridor gameplay and was hooked. Really regretted not getting it. So for me its the other way around, if its bethesda, i better get it just in case.

I think also its just a sign that gaming feels to me like its peaked. There haven't been any games that make someone in their 40's feel good about being interested apart from w3 and rdr2. As the years go by gaming is no better than cinema. And being better than cinema was why gaming was the point.

I get what you're saying & I understand, but I decided a while ago that this is how they get you.

It's FOMO, and they're exploiting you for it. If you really want a statue, better to buy a 3D printer and then you can print as many 3D statues as you like.

Which is not to say you're not aware of the exploitation, and are fine with it, and that's OK too. I guess as a person reaching the end of my 40s, I'm more cynical about things these days.

Different strokes etc. 🤷‍♀️

I get what you're saying & I understand, but I decided a while ago that this is how they get you.

It's FOMO, and they're exploiting you for it. If you really want a statue, better to buy a 3D printer and then you can print as many 3D statues as you like.

Which is not to say you're not aware of the exploitation, and are fine with it, and that's OK too. I guess as a person reaching the end of my 40s, I'm more cynical about things these days.

Different strokes etc. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, a bit silly i know, but since its pretty rare a game is collectors worthy (the only other option being very deep sale) i decided to keep the habit.

Fun fact: There's only been 2 games (well, apart from 7 wow collectors boxes, yuck) that didn't work out.. Age of conan collectors edition (so sad), and the guild wars 1 collectors editions (threw them away years ago even). The rest are happily taking up space on the shelf :) Don't have that many really....

For me its collectors edition or throw away sale / key site prices... its happily balanced.

Last edited:
Well after yesterdays ObisidianAnts video on Starfield, not surprising really.
If game engine is really that bad as they say, and flying is terrible, and no gameplay have been shown yet, could be the same disaster as Odyssey or worse.

Microsoft must be upset now, for buying Bethesda at the state they are in. First screw up already.:sneaky:
So OA killed Starfield now? Such power!

It’s always a huge red flag whenever they don’t show (or don’t show much) gameplay footage. Case in point, Odyssey.

Top Bottom