Astronomy / Space Starhopper's 150 meters hover test in 10 minutes!

Yeah, they've stopped the test in T+0.8s :LOL:
The engine was JUST about to be ignited.

They are leaving the possibility for another try, later (in a couple hours, though, so too bad for us Europeans who need to sleep)

Oh well. This is what tests and test vehicles are for. Definitely better than destroying everything within 500 meters and shattering all windows. :D

Seems like there will be another test...in like 6 hours. Definitely not staying up for that. Actually good for you Europeans, it'll be late morning while I'd have to be up at 4 in the morning or something :) Unless I misunderstood the time.

Seems like there will be another test...in like 6 hours. Definitely not staying up for that. Actually good for you Europeans, it'll be late morning while I'd have to be up at 4 in the morning or something :) Unless I misunderstood the time.
Honestly, now after rewatching the attempt, I don't think they are going to re-try today.
It very much seemed like an engine problem and as the Raptor is the main thing they are testing, I think they're going to want to take their time with it.

From the way it shook and twitched just before the ignition (and the subsequent abort) it could either be gimballing problem (in which case it could take days to investigate) or a fuel delivery problem, which means probably turbo pumps as this is their first closed cycle engine and it could have fuel mixing bugs.
In either case it looked serious. And after the Dragon, they're probably going to want to avoid another spectacular fireball. :LOL:

But yeah, I'm going to bed, now, so maybe they're gonna suprise me, tomorrow. :)

Top Bottom