Horizons State of missions

I know there are quite a few bugs related to a hand full of mission types based conversations on Twitch. However I could not find any comments from the devs about these issues.
I find this frustrating since I am doing missions to gain rep for factions and all the high reputation I have taken I cant complete be cause they are bugged. Yesterday I took a mission called "The Heist" which I needed to find a certain item and it must be stolen. I went in to probably 10 salvage or weak signals, a few planet side crash sites and I even out fitted my ship for cargo scanning and sat outside a couple of stations, one with a lot of supply of my required item. Too no avail I ended up failing this mission due to running out of time.

With the Horizons update, I like that they added more mission types and items but I feel that the missions need to be looked at more in-depth to both make sure they are working correctly and also to give them more meaning for the players as far as affecting the system. Earlier today I watched ObsidianAnt's latest video and he talked about mission with faces. I do agree that adding faces would add depth to the mission but also having a consistent contact for each system and faction would help a lot as well. EVE online has mission agents which helps with delivering the story or background for the mission. Another thing that I enjoyed about EVE's mission system is that there were actual sites (space stations, space wrecks, pirate hideouts, areas of gas and debris) in space that you went to in order to complete the mission. I think adding things like this the USS's would go a long way as well to tell a story and to keep the players immersed.

I am sure there are a lot more things that the Dev's would like to do with the mission system and it would be nice to know what they plan on doing with them. If anything else I would like to know the status of fixing the missions that are broken.

This ended up longer than I anticipated. Sorry for all the text.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: tsh
I'm not sure the Dev's want to tell a story as I think they want this to be an open play style. That being said, if you are going to have missions, you should have a story line for the mission to be followed if it involves more than "go get an item and bring it to a station" normal kind of trade stuff.

I'm not sure the Dev's want to tell a story as I think they want this to be an open play style. That being said, if you are going to have missions, you should have a story line for the mission to be followed if it involves more than "go get an item and bring it to a station" normal kind of trade stuff.

I think they want to use full chained missions as a means of telling mini-stories, & to help provide more feedback between players & the BGS.

Deleted member 38366

D
Many of the new Missions are simply broken.

Right now, I'm testing the "Staying the Course" Mission.
Sounded easy, wait for a contact to tell me where to deliver some 13tons of Hydrogen Fuel. Required ELITE Combat Rank. Hmkay...

Now I've been hugging Supercruise, doodling around, entered Signal Sources, killing the occasional Interdictor, Hyperjumped back & forth into the System.... Nothing. For over a full hour!

It just doesn't work. It's just a giant waste of time just because (speculation) some basic Script trigger doesn't kick in as usual.
For any other Missions, I'm surrounded by Alternative Mission offer NPCs and they're all over me like flies on [4char]. But waiting for a Mission contact? Mission impossible.
After wasting my time for a full hour, it's probably better for that Contact NPC not to show up :rolleyes:

My best advice for the new Missions :
Unless they're known to work, or workarounds to make them work are known... stay clear of them until they're fixed.

Otherwise they're just wasting your time and costing you Reputation & incur fines for having to eventually abandon them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom