Station ID Options

"Lakon, Lima India Tango. Please submit a docking request before approaching the docking bay."

Your ship's manufacturer, and then the first three letters of your CMDR name. It's a very, very minor audio clip when dropping into any Coriolis or Orbis station, but it's something I pay attention to nonetheless. Lately I've been dreaming up an idea about personalizing the way the station identifies you in ways that mean absolutely nothing.

First, the potential option to have the station read your Ship ID, instead of your name. So if my Ship's ID was LK-752, the station would say "Lakon, Lima Kilo Seven." The only reason I'd ask for this is so that way my different ships can be audibly differentiated besides the manufacturer. If you couldn't tell, I'm a sucker for novelty.

Secondly, a far more ambitious request that might be pushing it a little bit. Another option I would appreciate would be to replace your ship's manufacturer with the name of the ship. I can already feel the eyebrows raising due to the 30+ new lines that EVERY station voice actor would have to record to support this, but I think it could be something people could get a kick out of.
"Type-6, Lima India Tango." "Vulture, Echo Lima Tango." "Federal Assault Ship, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot."

Finally, an option to disable it entirely. For no reason other than variety, I just think the option would be nice for anybody who has a resentment for formalities."

Just something I wanted to put down on paper for discussion, feel absolutely free to tear it apart, I'm more than happy to read people's thoughts on this.

My god, you can't possibly be serious. I'll give it a look. Three years and I haven't found that option. Thank you. o7
Yep, it's there 😄 I've always used Ship ID myself.

Not sure if you noticed, I added the setting location to my first post. Couldn't remember where it was so I had to check.

Top Bottom