Suggestion: Ability to report escape pods

I feel bad about leaving escape pods floating in the black, because they're illegal salvage.

Couldn't we 'report' the discovery of an escape pod to rescue services? It could be an option in the Contacts menu on the left panel, like how we request docking at stations.

Maybe even get a small finder’s fee from a nearby faction.

A rescue NPC could drop in a few minutes later.

Or it could trigger the pod becoming a legal salvage we could then rescue (since it would now be registered with an authority). We could also do with a clear way to 'rescue' pods in stations. Selling pods in market makes me think of slavery, and jettisoning them at a station makes me think of incineration. How about a station contact, like 'medical services'?

Even just changing the status of the pod to 'reported/illegal salvage' would be nice.

Perhaps after 2.2 arrives we'll have the option to "open" the coffin escape pod and promote the survivor to a passenger, assuming available cabin.

I'd like them to at least add an A&E contact in stations, so you can drop off the people you find in a place that takes care of them. I don't even want the money, I was just searching USS and came across these occupied escape pods, and now my only option is to sell them on the black market.
Imagine every time a CMDR escapes his destroyed ship, he got sold into slavery... there wouldn't be many CMDRs left..

Top Bottom