Dinosaurs Suggestions for dinosaur behaviour improvements

Hi!
I'm not used to doing this because I know that the slightest change may require a lot of work, but for once I would like to suggest some improvements to make the behavior of dinosaurs more realistic.

1/ Less running, more resting
I like to consider my herbivorous dinosaurs as big cows that spend the day grazing and lying in the grass watching the trains gyrospheres pass. And I noticed that in the game, they spend half the time running. They are hungry? They run to a feeder. They are thirsty? They run to a water point. Everything's ok? They run randomly, then stop, then run again, then stop again... So :
  • I’d like them to walk from one point to another, not run, unless they’re afraid of something or on the verge of starvation.
  • I'd like them to spend time resting when not grazing. Sleeping mechanics is cool, but i'd like an intermediate position, a resting behaviour where they lie down but stay awake, looking around them.
The way herbivores rest in the Gyrosphere Tour scene from the first Jurassic World movie is a good example of what I mean by "cow behavior".

2/ Fewer hard brakings
Speaking of running, would it be possible to make the dinosaurs slow down instead of braking like crazy dogs when they reach their destination? I don't know if this strange animation has a technical justification, but I find it quite unrealistic...

3/ Random interruptions for combats/hunt
I'd like to see some randomness in combats outcomes and hunt behaviour, regardless of dinosaur statistics, like :
  • The ability for a dinosaur to interrupt the fight and flee after giving/receiving a hit, even if his attack/defense score should have made him win or lose (I'm talking about random interruptions, not the "no winner" result that we already have in the game). For example, a T-Rex could have won against an Ankylosaurus, but it is hit by the Anky and decides to flee to avoid further injuries instead of continuing the fight... OR the Anky hits the T-Rex and takes advantage of having knocked him out to interrupt the fight and escape.
  • The random ability for a defenseless herbivore (like hadrosaurs) to escape its predator (they can not fight, so they should have the opportunity to flee).
Of course, these are my wishes and are not necessarily the same as those of other players. But i think that this kind of improvements could make the dinos behaviour to be less repetitive and more realistic, without involving too much work on new interactions and animations (but maybe i'm wrong about that).

Anyway, thanks to the devs and artist teams for their incredible work on this game, and thanks to Frontier for being so attentive to the players wishes.
I'm looking forward to get my hands on the summer update!

Treizebook

Last edited:
Hell yes! I've been thinkin' about this since the game dropped. You wrote it perfectly. And also stop the dinosaurs from clipping through each other. :D

Top Bottom