Hardware & Technical Suggestions for parts on an already souped-up PC?

Iv'e been maintaining and replacing parts with better ones for my gaming PC ever since I bought it custom-built back in 2013. I'm thinking of getting newer parts some time after my income tax. The list below shows the hardware and speculations of my PC.

Video: ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 980 Ti OC w/ 6GB VRAM
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 64-bit
Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H80i V1 w/ Corsair Link software + Latest firmware
RAM: Kingston HyperX Red 8GB DDR3
Board: ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero
Electrical: Corsair RM650
System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

The majority of people iv'e met have much lower speculations, and the PC I have seems 20 years ahead of it's time except for RAM. If you guys could give me a few ideas that shouldn't be too expensive for compatible upgrades, it would really be appreciated.

Peace.

Last edited:
The machine is excellent. Perhaps add 8GB of ram ? Optionally change the graphics card for a GTX 1070 or 1080 which will be more efficient and use less energy ? But this is not an obligation.
You have a powerful machine here

A 1070 would give a power saving but it isn't that different in general performance from a 980Ti (I have both). You might consider getting a 2nd 980Ti for SLI, if and only if you find one on fire sale. Certainly if it costs as much as a 1070, leave it. Note you will have to upgrade PSU if you want to run two 980Ti. I've hit a measured 634W output from my 750W HXi series under load in that scenario.

Otherwise a 1080 would give a bit of a boost, if you think it is worth it...

Ram is not a bad idea as it isn't very expensive, although I wouldn't expect much of a difference between 8GB and 16GB unless you really load it.

Top Bottom