Horizons Suicidal Ship

Ok so, ive had a break for a while; dont get much chance to play even before especially now.

I decided to do some exploring as thats something i can pick up and put down in my fully equipped asp explorer.

Long story short, i landed and dismissed my ship, it didnt dismiss. she shields went offline and the engine was on but it never flew off, and i was never able to get back in as it just said "Ship dismissing".

I decided this was a bug; so i relogged. Luckily when i relogged my ship was gone, yey, now to re-call it and get out of here!

I recalled the ship and it came crashing down like a comet and exploded, no ship, no option to rebuy my ship and items, just stuck on a planet in a buggy.

I guess my question is, why did it happen and what do i do?

Thanks guys,

Noct.

Oh dear! I think I've seen someone post something similar before. Try raising a ticket.

However, if you quit, and then rejoin the game in Elite Dangerous (not Horizons) mode, it would be interesting to see where it put you. People having ship issues have found themselves back in orbit in their ship. In this case with an exploded ship, I've no idea!

Good luck!

Last edited:
Ended up on the same planet in the same spot just no ship to return to :S

- - - Updated - - -

How do i put a ticket in just out of interest

- - - Updated - - -

The ED game without Horizons shouldn't put you back in an SRV! You should have the choice of which version to load at the launcher screen ....

- - - Updated - - -

What Skyfire meant above was for you to open the base game, not the Horizons expansion. At the launcher you have the option of what to open, choose "Elite Dangerous" instead of "Elite Dangerous: Horizons". Both the Steam launcher and the game launcher have these options, you should choose it on both.

The base game doesn't have planetary landing, so you will be placed in the orbit of the planet when you launch it. After that, you can return to Elite Dangerous: Horizons.

By the way, in order to open a support ticket you have to go here:
https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/

Starting the non-Horizons version would certainly bring the OP to the rebuy screen, I personnally would wait for an answer to the ticket first, especially if stranded far with a lot of exploration data.

Hey guys, thanks for the responses and help, i've actually figured out what happened now so i thought id share for both bug purposes, and to avoid it happening to others!

When i went to release my buggy after landing, i realised i couldn't because i had my hanger powered down, i didn't have the grid to keep it online with my other items online. I quickly put it online so that i could deploy the buggy and just had enough power for it, forgetting the reason i had enough power for it is because the thrusters were offline after landing..i bet you guys can see where this is going :p.

When i went to then dismiss my ship, it couldn't fly off obviously because there wasn't enough power to put the thrusters online, but rather than the lady telling me that i couldent dismiss (this is the bug part) it put my ship in to dismiss status without actually dismissing it, meaning i could not re-enter my ship, and i could not dismiss nor cancel the previous dismissal.

At this point your doomed, your ship is going to die no matter what because the only way to get the ship to dismiss, is to relog. When you log back in and recall the ship, the thruster issue is still prevelant leaving you to watch helplessly as your ship hits the ground like a torpedo.

I guess this is partly my fault for not turning off my other modules like fuel scoop, scanners, AFU etc to ensure enough power for the thrusters but its also a bug when you consider the ship should not let you dismiss it in the first place if it cant power up the thrusters.

I found it quite interesting :).

Thanks again for the help, i got my ship back + the exploration value and bounty value i had left over, so thanks to Frontier also.

Fly safe :).

Hey guys, thanks for the responses and help, i've actually figured out what happened now so i thought id share for both bug purposes, and to avoid it happening to others!

When i went to release my buggy after landing, i realised i couldn't because i had my hanger powered down, i didn't have the grid to keep it online with my other items online. I quickly put it online so that i could deploy the buggy and just had enough power for it, forgetting the reason i had enough power for it is because the thrusters were offline after landing..i bet you guys can see where this is going :p.

When i went to then dismiss my ship, it couldn't fly off obviously because there wasn't enough power to put the thrusters online, but rather than the lady telling me that i couldent dismiss (this is the bug part) it put my ship in to dismiss status without actually dismissing it, meaning i could not re-enter my ship, and i could not dismiss nor cancel the previous dismissal.

At this point your doomed, your ship is going to die no matter what because the only way to get the ship to dismiss, is to relog. When you log back in and recall the ship, the thruster issue is still prevelant leaving you to watch helplessly as your ship hits the ground like a torpedo.

I guess this is partly my fault for not turning off my other modules like fuel scoop, scanners, AFU etc to ensure enough power for the thrusters but its also a bug when you consider the ship should not let you dismiss it in the first place if it cant power up the thrusters.

I found it quite interesting :).

Thanks again for the help, i got my ship back + the exploration value and bounty value i had left over, so thanks to Frontier also.

Fly safe :).

You can prevent this scenario through setting proper energy prioritys. When doing this and hangar in the lowest (highest here like 3,4,5) priority group, it s down automatically ;)
Also, if this happens again, enter the non-Horizons version after hitting the dismiss-button. No relogging to horizons! You can get back to ship but have to deactivate modules again^^

Great advice sir, i havent played for ages and must admit i totally forgot about the priorities.. I will keep this in mind :D.

If you haven't done so already, I think it's worth reporting this as a bug over there: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/105-PC-amp-Mac-Bug-Reports

Not being able to configure correctly power priorities after deploying the SRV, then being forced to watch your ship crash after you disconnect and reconnect can be somewhat blocking in my opinion (as you experienced first hand :)).

Anyway, thank you for the heads up!

I agree..Failure to sort thruster priority should result in a punishment of having to drive several K back to your ship because it didnt fly off rather than ship destruction. I think a basic fix is; if the thrusters cant come online you get an error when dismissing it.

Seems like watching a ship crash into the planet would make a great video!

Seriously, sorry you had these problems. Personally, I try to never over load my power plant, mostly because I don't want to end up in a similar situation, although I never imagined one as serious.

Top Bottom