Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

Good point, it would probably replace the bush dog. While that would make that list better, it definitely wouldn’t fix my issues with it.

Here is mine, but I will say I do like yours a lot.
  1. Monkey (howler, saki, or spider)
  2. Rodent (Patagonian Mara, or Agouti)
  3. Reptile (Tegu most likely, but the Amazon river turtle would be cool)
  4. Bird 1
  5. Bird 2
  6. Bird 3 (put anything in these three slots, though Rhea, WFWD, Screamer, and Spoonbill are my highlights)
  7. Coati
  8. Exhibit that is hopefully not the sloth lol.
I would like to be selfish and make it 3 birds. This would be my ideal diverse outcome, gives us 3 mammals, 1-2 reptiles, and 3 birds. The exhibit animal would be a wild card, I would just prefer we get another non-mammal. I would like another frog personally.
Thats something where SA is actually lacking in cool options imo, there really arent that many interesting picks for exhibits, which may be in part due to almost all of the iconic ones being in game already.
Emerald tree boa probably comes up the most, but SA already got 2 boas so it should be something else imo (even tho they both look horrendous)
Pacman frog would be quite fitting for the exhibit since its very colorfull and barely moves, Mata mata could be cool and the giant knight anole could help with the weird overall lack in exhibit lizards.
In comparisson there are actually surprisingly many cool options for habitat reptiles like the tegu, red footed tortoise, large river turtles, cuban iguana and caiman lizard.

Green anaconda is probably the only really iconic SA exhibit animal, but i dont really see it happening without a bigger exhibit.

You all know mine but if i can be as unrealistic and selfish as i can it would go something like this:

1. Southamerican coati
2. Greater rhea
3. Patagonian mara
4. Black and gold howler monkey
5. Ocelot
6. Scarlet ibis
7. Burrowing owl or Brown pelican
8. WTE: Hummingbirds/Tamarins or Ex: Green anaconda.

I could replace one of the birds or the ocelot for the Arrau river turtle i guess.

I like most of your lista and i'm seeing a trend of the spectacled bear not being a so popular choice anymore?

Tell Me If I'm Wrong But Assuming The Next Pack Isn't The Final Pack A Sub-Sahara Animal Pack Wouldn't Be To Bad. A Roster With Secretary bird, Hamadryas Baboon, Honey Badger, Grey-Crowned Crane, African Dwarf Crocodile, Impala, Forest Buffalo and, Black Mamba I Would Say Is Pretty Good (I Know That 2 Ungulates Isn't Ideal But The Buffalo Is The Only Other African Rainforest Rep That Worked With The Planco Dictionary Apart From A Second Pangolin).

So we’re back to a thread dedicated to Latin American wishlists, eh?

Man, those “Zookeeper Pack” theories didn’t last long.
The Zookeeper pack is a more likely thing to happen IF support is coming to an end soon, giving how vague the theme really is it isn't that exciting to speculate a whatever is popular and some oddballs pack. The Latin american pack idea will likely live as long if not longer than the islands theme everyone apparently wanted last year.

Tell Me If I'm Wrong But Assuming The Next Pack Isn't The Final Pack A Sub-Sahara Animal Pack Wouldn't Be To Bad. A Roster With Secretary bird, Hamadryas Baboon, Honey Badger, Grey-Crowned Crane, African Dwarf Crocodile, Impala, Forest Buffalo and, Black Mamba I Would Say Is Pretty Good (I Know That 2 Ungulates Isn't Ideal But The Buffalo Is The Only Other African Rainforest Rep That Worked With The Planco Dictionary Apart From A Second Pangolin).
I think africa has still alot to offer, but imo it would be better to do a general savannah animal pack instead to get india and south america covered aswell.

Man, those “Zookeeper Pack” theories didn’t last long.
Alright I'm late but this is my prediction for a Keeper Collection Pack:
View attachment 393343
View attachment 393344
View attachment 393345
View attachment 393346
View attachment 393347
View attachment 393348
View attachment 393349
View attachment 393350
View attachment 393352
2 birds, a reptile, 2 primates, a feline, carnivore, and a rodent. Plus there are no new rigs, but there are 3 that might require new animations and mechanics. Considering frontiers thinking I think this might be imo the most probable finale pack - but thats just me lol.
pretty sure I’ve reached my limit on the topic lol

The Zookeeper pack is a more likely thing to happen IF support is coming to an end soon, giving how vague the theme really is it isn't that exciting to speculate a whatever is popular and some oddballs pack. The Latin american pack idea will likely live as long if not longer than the islands theme everyone apparently wanted last year.
Yeah agree. Since these Final or Zookeeper pack are essentially just a more or less random grab bag of animals speculating on them isnt really fun, atleast for me

A SA/latam animal pack is something that i am very conflicting about.

On one hand it's my most wanted pack , as i desperetly need more SA animals, but in the other hand there's the fact that the chooices might not be that great, mainly when you throw north/central america in the mix.

For me, the perfect pack would be:
GLT
Black howler monkey
Scarlet ibis
Rhea
SA coati
Spec bear
A non-archosaur reptile, my two favorite picks are the argentine black and white tegu and the red footed tortoise.
The exhibit animal would depend on what are we aiming, as animal packs tend to have Default ones, my top picks are the mata-mata and basilisk.
However, if WE birds are allowed i would like macaws (military, gold and yellow, Hyacinth and scarlet, please) with the golden parakeet as a bonus.

Overally this would cover my biggest issues with SA: the lack of proper birds, lack of monkey variety and lack of a more conventional and versatile animal, with the coati covering it.
At the same time, the spec bear and miscelleneous reptile would do wonders to andes areas and reptile houses.
With the exhibit just being a nice addition.

Last edited:

On one hand it's my most wanted pack , as i desperetly need more SA animals, but in the other hand there's the fact that the chooices might not be that great, mainly when you throw north/central america in the mix.

GLT
Black howler monkey
Scarlet ibis
Rhea
SA coati
Spec bear
A non-archosaur reptile, my two favorite picks are the argentine black and white tegu and the red footed tortoise.
The exhibit animal would depend on what are we aiming, as animal packs tend to have Default ones, my top picks are the mata-mata and basilisk.
However, if WE birds are allowed i would like macaws (military, gold and yellow, Hyacinth and scarlet, please) with the golden parakeet as a bonus.

Overally this would cover my biggest issues with SA: the lack of proper birds, lack of monkey variety and lack of a more conventional and versatile animal, with the coati covering it.
At the same time, the spec bear and miscelleneous reptile would do wonders to andes areas and reptile houses.
While I have a line up I'd like to see for South/Latin America, but what it really comes down to is another Monkey (prefer Howler), the Spectacled Bear and the Coati. I want more but those are the three main ones for me.

Ideally we'd get the Mara, another Monkey and at least one bird but they're not absolute musts for me. I also suspect an Ocelot will be a given.

In my perfect line up I'd work in the Brazilian Porcupine but I don't see it as being very likely.

If the last pack is some kind of Around The World/Finale pack, and they just put in the first three I listed, I would be minimally happy with the SA habitat roster. So not real happy, but not unhappy either.

GLT
Black howler monkey
Scarlet ibis
Rhea
SA coati
Spec bear

How bold of you to name them as non-archosaurs, seeing how the ever changing evolution of turtles and their placement in the reptile family tree is likely the biggest mystery our universe has to offer.

Since we know it'll be an Animal Pack next, JUST FOR FUN, if the next and presumably last pack were to be a scenery pack, what would you do?

I think the only real options would be LATAM/Americas, or a very broad "Around the World" theme of various different cultures the selected animals originate from, along with any last remaining general zoo props, and a pretty generous free update.

Since we know it'll be an Animal Pack next, JUST FOR FUN, if the next and presumably last pack were to be a scenery pack, what would you do?

I think the only real options would be LATAM/Americas, or a very broad "Around the World" theme of various different cultures the selected animals originate from, along with any last remaining general zoo props, and a pretty generous free update.
oh that's rough.

Coatimundi Species
Black Howler Monkey
Secretary Bird
Tree Kangaroo species
Indian/King Cobra

Building set - Urban building theme. Being able to build cities around the zoos, with buildings, signs, and other items that are common in urban and suburban areas. Also some actual furniture that you could make your own staff rooms/hotel rooms/staff housing with. You don't get much more "around the world" than every day city life.

I missed a lot of pages, so we will have soon the annual fiscal report and frontier unlocked?
Idk when the fiscal report comes out but yes the unlocked stream will be the 29th, I wouldn’t expect any PZ news though, we’ll probably get the next console bundle announced and maybe the new creative management game announced.

Also maybe the next pack will be at the end of June since then they can use the stream to advertise it just like they did with the Barnyard pack. I still doubt the pack to come in the second half of the year since they probably want to focus on the new game and not let PZ interfere with that. Same reason for JWE2s end, end these 2 games in the first half of the year and let the new game takeover in the second half.

Could someone remind me how we know the next pack will be an animal pack ? 🙏

Top Bottom