DLC18 discussion and predictions

Here's all the remaining animals from Highland, Shepreth and Chester zoo (Zoos they like to collaborate with) that are not yet in the game. There are some fan favorites, but mostly I made this so I can be on lookout for possible oddball picks that they may go for out of familiarity:

Marsupials:
Parma Wallaby
Dusky Pademelon
Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo

Monkeys and apes:
Sumatran Orangutan
Silvery Gibbon
Black Tailed Marmoset
White Lipped Tamarin
Cotton Top Tamarin
Yellow Chested Capuchin
Spider Monkey
Celebes Crested Macaque
Roloway Monkey

Lemurs and Loris:
Pygmy Slow Loris
Aye Aye
Black Lemur
Crowned Lemur
Red Bellied Lemur
Coquerel's Sifaka

Ungulates:
White Lipped Deer
Bactrian Deer
Philippines Spotted Deer
Southern Pudu
Yak
Vicuna
Markhor
Dik Dik
Roan Antelope
Lowland Anoa
Javan Banteng
Forest Buffalo

Birds:
Himalayan Monal
Caribbean Flamingo
Bald Ibis
Scarlet Ibis

Reptiles:
Radiated Tortoise
Sulcata Tortoise
Rhinoceros Iguana

Big Carnivorans:
Andean Bear
Sumatran Tiger x 2

Small Carnivorans:
Coatimundi
European Wildcat x 2
Bushdog
Cusimanse
Dwarf Mongoose
Pardine Genet

Rodents:
Red Squirrel
Azara's Agouti
Patagonian Mara
European Rabbit

Other:
Rock Hyrax
Hedgehog x 2
Two Toed Sloth
Sengi

Not all of these are equally as likely of course, but seeing this list I wouldn't be surprised (nor glad, but that's another story) to see another Lemur, Sumatran Tiger (or Orangutan, there's word for Sumatran in dictionary) or Wildcat in final pack.
honestly these are all such good picks aside from maybe the orangutan and tiger which are very similar to base game animals but still have some want within the community. Im also surprised how much the major wants in the forums also aligns with the list with things like the mara, coati, markhor and tree kangaroo

hot take but if they didnt talk about elite dangerous as much as they do people would complain alot more then we are now. The stream structure in concept is fine its just poorly executed we should know a timeline before hand such as what time discussion for planet zoo will occur so people are actually informed about when and which games will be discussed.
I do prefer these more direct info streams to the old style in terms of clarity but think the old style did so much more for the community I just always hated how they tried to shove information into a speculation stream or speculation into an info stream.

When these streams first came to be I did try to watch them, but now I don't even bother anymore. If you're not into elite dangerous it's just not interesting enough and like other people said, there seems to be no excitement from the hosts when it comes to presenting anything for PZ.

I don't mind the structure of this stream set-up, but the execution is just off.

I think I read somewhere that Frontier basically had 2 departments, 1 for Elite Dangerous and 1 for all the other games and they did not really work closely with each other. All of the CMs from the management games department were fired/left and the host is from the Elite Dangerous team and it shows. And since it is probably just temporary for him, untol Frontier will hire new CM(s) for the management games department, he probably do not feel like getting involved with PZ too much.

Elite dangerous is such a funny case for me because prior joining this forum i've never heard of that game in my life and all my friends both irl or on the internet don't know about it either. It also seen that out of the three games that have a active development ED is the least popular and least profitable of the bunch...

And is still the one frontier most give attention for, lol.

Elite dangerous is such a funny case for me because prior joining this forum i've never heard of that game in my life and all my friends both irl or on the internet don't know about it either. It also seen that out of the three games that have a active development ED is the least popular and least profitable of the bunch...

And is still the one frontier most give attention for, lol.
If I recall, Elite is the brainchild of Frontier's president. So it kinda makes sense that they'd give it continual attention TBH. Because its a bit of a passion project. But I'm not so sure it's fair to say that they've given it the "most" attention...

That's the case in the livestreams for sure but we've already discussed where that bit of bias is coming in. Haha. And TBH, I think @Milurian might be correct and us casually saying (in our own quiet li'l threads) that the livestreams aren't what they used to be or whatever is much less of a headache for Frontier than if they gave Elite less shine during the streams because those players seem pretty intense. LOL

I do find it odd that they don't go into any sort of detail about the packs or updates but it's also sorta got a feel like this is just a stop-gap between these games ending and new ones picking up. So whatever. I suspect once the new Jurassic Park game and/or the new CSM launches that we'll see a pivot of sorts.

Hey guys, I have not been able to follow anything anyone is saying here, so I am just going to start a new topic, in my opinion (this you can disagree with, honestly it's more blind hope than anything) I feel Planet Zoo has 2 more dlcs left, something a bit more normal and then a grand finale dlc (8 animals plus 60-100 scenery costing 12$ or 9.43 Pounds depending on where you live). What would those dlcs be, I would prefer that they are properly labeled but is can be something based off of your personal bias, things the community need before the game ends, or what you think is more likely. Going off of what I feel is most likely follows.

Americas Animal Pack
Black Howler
Patagonian Mara
Greater Rhea
Roseate Spoonbill
Argentine Black and White Tegu
Musk Ox
Roosevelt Elk
(Walkthrough-Exhibit Animal) Hoffman's Two-Toed Sloth

Zoo Collection Pack
Brown Pelican
South American Coatimundi

Walrus
Sectary Bird
Hamadrayas Baboon
Golden Lion Tamarin (or Common Squirrel Monkey if it's to small)
Pallas Cat
(Exhibit Animal) King Cobra
the new scenery could be new car pieces and new mesh pieces among other things.

Hey guys, I have not been able to follow anything anyone is saying here, so I am just going to start a new topic, in my opinion (this you can disagree with, honestly it's more blind hope than anything) I feel Planet Zoo has 2 more dlcs left, something a bit more normal and then a grand finale dlc (8 animals plus 60-100 scenery costing 12$ or 9.43 Pounds depending on where you live). What would those dlcs be, I would prefer that they are properly labeled but is can be something based off of your personal bias, things the community need before the game ends, or what you think is more likely. Going off of what I feel is most likely follows.

Americas Animal Pack
Black Howler
Patagonian Mara
Greater Rhea
Roseate Spoonbill
Musk Ox
Roosevelt Elk

Zoo Collection Pack
Brown Pelican

Walrus
Sectary Bird
Hamadrayas Baboon
Pallas Cat
I really love both packs. I wish this is what's in store for us because these rosters are almost perfect!

ABB i think is expected more than one of the ungulates but i prefer the ungulates tbh haha

I'm curious, to what sect does the bird belongs too?

I really love both packs. I wish this is what's in store for us because these rosters are almost perfect!

ABB i think is expected more than one of the ungulates but i prefer the ungulates tbh haha

I'm curious, to what sect does the bird belongs too?
HOW DID I FORGET ABB I LOVE ABB.

Americas Animal Pack
Black Howler
Patagonian Mara
Greater Rhea
Roseate Spoonbill
Musk Ox
Roosevelt Elk

Zoo Collection Pack
Brown Pelican

Walrus
Sectary Bird
Hamadrayas Baboon
Pallas Cat
Great packs. The only thing I'd think is that getting some kind of bear. Prefer Spectacled Bear by far, but at this point I think getting either that or the ABB is likely. Maybe take out the Walrus or the Elk?

Edit: NM, I see it's already been brought up! Otherwise though, I think the lineups are fantastic.

Honestly I don’t think I’m ever gonna turn in to the streams anymore, they just aren’t fun for me. I don’t play any Frontier games besides Planet Zoo so it’s not worth it for me to tune into them.

I will agree with others, it’s weird how much Elite Dangerous is propped up when it doesn’t seem to have made as much. I remember one guy mentioning in the YouTube comments how Elite Dangerous was Frontiers money maker and they don’t care about anything else.

Honestly I don’t think I’m ever gonna turn in to the streams anymore, they just aren’t fun for me. I don’t play any Frontier games besides Planet Zoo so it’s not worth it for me to tune into them.

I will agree with others, it’s weird how much Elite Dangerous is propped up when it doesn’t seem to have made as much. I remember one guy mentioning in the YouTube comments how Elite Dangerous was Frontiers money maker and they don’t care about anything else.
yeah those people always puzzle me because If you actually look at published data from frontier the jurrasic world series is their best sellers by far elite dangerous isnt even their best ip its the planet series each game on their own out beating elite dangerous

Will be interesting to see the next financial report to if if PZ console edition made it catch up to JWE
TBH I don’t think it will, based on a handful of things:
  1. JWE is from an established franchise and will therefore already have an immediate audience
  2. The console version of Planet Zoo came out years after the games release, which can affect the sales and hype
  3. Planet Zoo isn’t one of the more beginner friendly type of games so I can imagine people buying it, and then refunding/ never getting the dlc/ being frustrated
Just a couple theories.

Now im sure this has been brought up on this thread before, but it crossed my mind recently. I dug up the Planco dictionary that was mentioned way back when. I looked start to finish, and found a few tidbits that might hint what's left to come;
  • Goodfellow
  • Echidna
  • Baboon
  • Hamadryas
  • Howe
  • Javan
  • Suriname
  • tibet
  • Macaw
  • Mamba
  • Screamer
  • Secretary
  • Vulture

It could easily mean nothing that some of these words were in the planco dictionary, but you never know, right?

Now im sure this has been brought up on this thread before, but it crossed my mind recently. I dug up the Planco dictionary that was mentioned way back when. I looked start to finish, and found a few tidbits that might hint what's left to come;
  • Goodfellow
  • Echidna
  • Baboon
  • Hamadryas
  • Howe
  • Javan
  • Suriname
  • tibet
  • Macaw
  • Mamba
  • Screamer
  • Secretary
  • Vulture

It could easily mean nothing that some of these words were in the planco dictionary, but you never know, right?
Yeah this was talked to death very early on some of them like echidna, goodfellow and hamadrayas have no other purpose than the animals so people have been saying either they are coming soon or have been scraped. It has also been pointed out that not all ingame animals have their names in the dictionary I believe thompsons is missing however I strongly believe that some like javan are translation of the word because they do appear in text within the game.

• Baboon
  • Hamadryas
1717121363514.png

TBH I don’t think it will, based on a handful of things:
  1. JWE is from an established franchise and will therefore already have an immediate audience
  2. The console version of Planet Zoo came out years after the games release, which can affect the sales and hype
  3. Planet Zoo isn’t one of the more beginner friendly type of games so I can imagine people buying it, and then refunding/ never getting the dlc/ being frustrated
Just a couple theories.
Thing is, Planet Zoo is already pretty close to JWE2 without console. And the line on the graph has actually been very steady over the years (just about a 45 degree angle). So long as they maintained that same angle for PC and console sold decently too... There's a chance PZ could close the gap. It might not surpass it but it'll be getting really close.

But I do think console would be the key. So... Your #3 point might be the breaker. I'm curious to see how it all pans out!

Me except with the word "Goodfellow."

Back
Top Bottom