Surviving Station Gankers: How To

That's good. A good rant can be liberating. Hope you enjoy playing the game in what ever mode you like to play it. Just ignore others who tell you you should play it in this or that mode. :)

That's kinda my point.

Talking a little more seriously, I get what the OP is doing is trying to help, but I'm reading other comments too.

And while they are off topic, they make fun of people like me because I don't play in open. I'm not that skilled a pilot, I have zero engineering on my ships (hate the system), so I took the path of least resistance, and quit open.

I just wish more people like you respected my decision to play how I want, and not treat me as some sort of lesser being becuase I don't want to deal with open.

In all seriousness, play open if you want, it's your account, afterall. But can people please give me a little more respect for choosing not to play that way.

That's all I'm asking.

That's kinda my point.

Talking a little more seriously, I get what the OP is doing is trying to help, but I'm reading other comments too.

And while they are off topic, they make fun of people like me because I don't play in open. I'm not that skilled a pilot, I have zero engineering on my ships (hate the system), so I took the path of least resistance, and quit open.

I just wish more people like you respected my decision to play how I want, and not treat me as some sort of lesser being becuase I don't want to deal with open.

In all seriousness, play open if you want, it's your account, afterall. But can people please give me a little more respect for choosing not to play that way.

That's all I'm asking.

Alright so…
If I ask for better implementation of PvP, new features encouraging PvP? What do you say?

Alright so…
If I ask for better implementation of PvP, new features encouraging PvP? What do you say?

If it also stopped ganking, go for it.

Look, honestly, I'm glad there's so many ways to play ED. I just want to play my way and not be judged. Sure, I may say complain about other ways to play, but that's just me ranting or making a joke, and I hopefully always admit that.

However some people see only one way to play, and that's the problem. So go on, blaze your own trail, let's all blaze our own trail, but let's also accept there isn't just one trail to blaze, ok.

Wait.. you mean to tell me .. I've been doing it wrong all these years?!

I even considered CLogging on the mail slot…
Considered…
Oh well. There went my Annie…

Edit: BTW Exigeous thx for thread, sorry for off-topic, and keep your cool in order to not lose your point.

Last edited:
I presume you've never gotten stuck then. That tends to have....an impact.....on you.....

*cue flash backs to that fateful day*

Well no.. not exactly .. I mean.. I once faceplanted into one of the protruding green entry lights in front of the letterbox .. seems the ship got stuck on it, and well .. pew pew *demonstrates something exploding with his hands*

That's kinda my point.

That's all I'm asking.

Buddy - I really wouldn't worry about anyone making accusations re. people in SOLO or PGs

Most/ many of the people including most of the PVPers will use SOLO mode, and even PG alongside OPEN; i doubt you will often find "griefers" doing mundane engineering, or exploring, or gathering mats in their non-combat optimised ships in open.

Its just a way to troll and provoke.

Buddy - I really wouldn't worry about anyone making accusations re. people in SOLO or PGs

Most/ many of the people including most of the PVPers will use SOLO mode, and even PG alongside OPEN; i doubt you will often find "griefers" doing mundane engineering, or exploring, or gathering mats in their non-combat optimised ships in open.

Its just a way to troll and provoke.

Maybe that's why I stay away from open, not enough of a thick skin.....

Edit: BTW Exigeous thx for thread, sorry for off-topic, and keep your cool in order to not lose your point.

You're of course welcome my friend, I've enjoyed your comments. As for being cool I couldn't be colder - it takes far more than a forum post to upset me. Unfortunately text can't convey tone or emotion, just know there's no anger or negativity, just humor and many many face palm going on here. Many.

....can people please give me a little more respect for choosing not to play that way.

You are absolutely 100% entitled to play any way you want, so long as you aren't cheating you paid the same cash I did and absolutely you can. I'm actually VERY glad we have Solo/Private as well so there is a safe harbor for noobs or the unskilled. But the term "respect" isn't at all appropriate here. Respect is something you earn - I respect players that spend the time to learn the game, like any skill, to a high degree. Hiding in solo/private because you're unwilling/unable to learn how to use the tools given to you, and there are many more than I've laid out here, doesn't earn my respect. Flying in a small ship, learning the ropes, figuring out what works, asking questions and getting better does. I don't respect choices, I respect actions.

While I don't mean to insult I'm not going to sugar coat my opinions either. You say you want me to respect you for flying in solo yet clearly there is no respect for players who've spend hundreds or thousands of hours learning the game, earning big ships, learning how to fight/defend and then trying to help those that don't have those skills learn them. So sorry, not going to respect skipping all that and clicking "Solo".

Top Bottom