Swimming animals going through barriers

I see it's a known issue but has there been any resolution? See images below - the caiman is just swimming through the glass. swimming clipping 2.jpgswimming clipping 1.jpg

I started building a penguin house with the release of the last DLC and it is still unreleased because of this bug. Penguins just keep swimming through the glass and I find lots of them walking around the zoo.

I hope that with the addition of the deep water swimming behaviour to other animals they will fix this.

I've never had this problem before, and I've used all the new animals (except the Grey Seal😐. I can never acquire them)

I don't know if it's because I'm trying to split a single body of water into two habitats with a barrier? Or if it's because I've used the 'trick' where you surround the water with terrain so that the water is clear? I've not had these problem with water habitats that don't do that ... hm. I have a habitat where the pygmy hippo water is clear via the terrain trick but is not shared with another species.

I've only used penguins and seals, both with underwater vision. Seals have a fully underwater vision and I've not experienced any problem with them. For the penguins, they have a partial underwater vision, as shown on the next image. They are swimming on the surface and then continue through the glass. I'm not sure if I've experienced it also during deep water swimming, but almost all times is when they are on the surface.

20201217132515_1.jpg

For me, the caimen were swimming pretty deep when they went through. But I have a theory. The water in my habitat is divided by a glass barrier but, when I remove the water the entire expanse of water is removed - meaning the game (and I assume, the caiman) were treating it as one body. I've managed to make the game recognize that the water is two different pools so I'll run the game and see if that helps. It's going to make me re-do a whole bunch of path and ground.

I don't know if you've got a similar set-up, where the water is divided but the game is treating it as one body? I've never had any of my swimmign animals exit the water and go onto land.

In my case I only have one water body. The half of the exhibit with water uses a glass barrier, while the other an invisible fence. On the image, the closest part is the one with water and all the background is ground.

Yeah, I haven't had that problem. And, removing/replacing the water - and making it recognize two different pools sharing a barrier wall, seems to have solved the problem for me.

Top Bottom