System Improvements?

Just a curious question from a quasi-new player...
In working towards gaining Sirius reputation I ended up in Ceos and stumbled upon the Ceos/Sothis Federation rep dynamic. I went up 7 or so ranks and then wandered elsewhere so I wouldn't get burned out. After much rambling and exploration, I decided to work on Imperial faction and searched to see if there were a similar dynamic. And there is....Ngalinn/Mainani.
I'm sure the Ceos/Sothis and Ngalinn/Mainani systems have seen many many ED players.....lots of capital infusion (all those donate missions) as well. With so much traffic can systems ever improve themselves? Such as expanded services at outposts....perhaps a starport added etc...? Or perhaps even spur new nearby colonization such that the dynamic that created the traffic may ultimately lead to its demise.

Thanks,
CMRD Malityr

We believe that out fitting services change with boom etc, eg B modules to A.
Starports and Colonization are added through Community goals (what are they called now?)
Hope that helps, and if I got stuff wrong then clever people will be along shortly to correct me.

Thanks!
Do outposts ever get upgraded/expanded, as in offering more services such as repair/restock/outfitting etc...?

It may be that the business/capital influx provided by the reputation grinders just isn't significant enough to spur change.

No, systems and stations do not automatically upgrade themselves if they have high traffic. Neither does the opposite happen; they do not "fall into decay" if left alone and are never visited by players. While price and availability of certain goods and services may change with the state of the controlling faction and/or with Powerplay, the underlying condition of the station (wealth, population, economy type) never changes, unless it is hand-edited by FDev as a result of a Community Goal or some similar event.

LIkewise, the colonization of new, empty star systems is only done by hand. There is no automatic, BGS-related mechanism for colonization.

Top Bottom