Target the closest hostile

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I know this has been mentioned before, but can we please get the ability to map a key that just targets the closest hostile ship. I'm killing random NPCs in a CZ and I just killed one. I don't care about the missile that somebody shot at somebody 4k away. I don't care about the random ship 3k away that accidentally sprayed me a little while ago. I'd really like to know about the enemy Cobra 500m away that doesn't care about me but also has no shields. All I want to know is what is the closest bad guy to me right now. No other modifiers, just the guy on the other team that is nearest to me at this particular moment.

I'm not asking you to get rid of the Select Highest Threat choice. It's handy to target the gnat that has been bothering you while you're killing something else (unless of course somebody fired a missile at somebody within sensor range). I can't be the only person that has hit Select Highest Threat while being shot at by 3 NPC spec ops ships and had it target a missile that's going the other direction.

the best i can tell those two options are random. i've sat in SC as slow as possible using both of those options and regardless of the distance remaining the same between targets the cycle pattern is rarely the same.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom