Thanks Fdev for the exobiology range marker

The smaller the plant the less distance you have to travel. If it's a large one, easily spotted from above, I just use the ship and fly well over the guesstimated distance.

@sallymorganmoore @Zac Cocken
I have two asks for exobiology (not counting a wish the SRV would display the current distances from previous exo finds, along with the idea above to simply add the minimum distance for that particular exo discovered flora with the initial notification of what has been discovered. Sure, I can check the Codex, but really, why should I need to?)

First: Add a sound control for that specific tool to make it louder than other noises or giving other audio options. I love playing ED with music or a video going in the background. When I am hunting for exobiology, I have to turn off all sounds in order to hear the scanning tool. I want to be able to listen to music and vids instead of only hearing myself walking and pinging on planets for hours at a time. I think this would not only make the activity more fun but also much less tedious feeling. These take a LOT of time to track down and the silence, aside from the breathing and pinging, is deafening.

Second: PLEASE add a visual ping effect to the audio ping effect. I see no reason a exobiology audio ping couldn't have a matching visual ping indicator in the HUD map which is already showing other targets and information. This would be EXTREMELY helpful.

If both of these items were added, it would make the exobiology hunts much more forgiving to my, and many other CMDRs, sanity. It might, gasp, make exobiology hunting fun!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom