Thargoids in Witch Head

Hi guys, is it me or do cyclops no longer have a finite amount of thargon swarms, or else they just automatically go enraged - at least in witch head?

Last few big bugs i've fought for a bit now immediately have been spawning an extra swarm, then another, then another...

Were you winged up? Last weekend i had a similar thing happening, but i was in a wing.
Next time i had a go solo, no infinite swarms/2swarms at once. Which was better😀

o7

Thinking about it, i was in the Pleiades at the weekend not WH. Had been there for a while and will be going back, sooo many NHSS.

o7

One thing I found is that i took my last bug slowly, didn't launch my fighter. killed it's swarm before killing the heart, and that was fine. Actually 1 shot 3/4 of the hearts, which is unheard of for me. Maybe a fighter thing?

People of AXI haven't noticed any strange swarm behaviour besides the already known bugs. Can you provide any video evidence? Would help greatly.

Do you have a recording software in mind?
I suspect what may have happened in hindsight was that I had killed the first heart before the swarm, and when retreating, the extra banked swarms (and killing them) caused the timer to tick over 7 minutes. It should be noted that I also suspect that they have adjusted the heart health/hitbox, as last time i hunted I do not recall surgically removing them so quickly.

Got another two cases in a row of it, and i made sure not to deploy fighter or kill heart straight away. Instantly dropped another swarm within the first three minutes of engagement. I'll install obs and try getting a video.

Got another two cases in a row of it, and i made sure not to deploy fighter or kill heart straight away. Instantly dropped another swarm within the first three minutes of engagement. I'll install obs and try getting a video.
Fighter? Well that's mistake #1 that I can point out. Don't use a fighter, at all, it's not helping you in any way. Rather put some more armour on.

We'll agree to disagree there... though I do suspect that the presence of Crew/fighter is effecting the behavior. I have an AX FAS there too, which did NOT trigger the problem. I like the lance for A: being a countermeasure that is more effective than chaff (and i have 16 of them) B: Harrying fire, and C: Finishing off scouts when a 4 gauss hit gets them to 4% hull...

We'll agree to disagree there... though I do suspect that the presence of Crew/fighter is effecting the behavior. I have an AX FAS there too, which did NOT trigger the problem. I like the lance for A: being a countermeasure that is more effective than chaff (and i have 16 of them) B: Harrying fire, and C: Finishing off scouts when a 4 gauss hit gets them to 4% hull...

I use a SLF if i am shooting scouts in my 'vette, i used to use one v interceptors (originally in a FGS, now in a KM2) but i no longer do because i believe an extra HRP is a far better option, as DrN said.

Up to you tho, blaze your own trail an all that carry on👍

o7

Worst case scenario guys, you have given me an excuse to make ANOTHER Krait. I have no problems with this XD . This is all loadout preferences though, and while the fighter may be a catalyst on the behavoir I am seeing...

(also tried ODS, too much mucking around for my tastes... )

Hmm. Guess i'll be refitting the krait later.

Though I do still like it for scout hunting... so..... I'll think about it. Worst case i don't have to use it, and i usually come out of an interceptor fight with 90% hull (unless they enrage and get me with kamikazis).

Either way... Will just not use the fighter.

Top Bottom