Thargoids suddenly invading in Legacy Mode/Horizon 3.8 ???

so i just finished my imperial rank grind for the cutter unlock and when i plot my route back home, i see a system with a very distinct icon showing this system is getting invaded by thargoids. the system name is "obassi osaw". that was not there a few minutes before and in 1400 hours of playtime, i have never seen this.

can anybody explain what happened here?

i am a few jumps away to investigate whats going on

Last edited:
i am there. the station "teller horizons" is wrecked and burning and there is also a rescue ship nearby with anti-thargoid and rescue missions
interesting. i never paid much attention to the Thargoid stuff prior to the Salvation incident, so not sure if that System ever had Thargoid presence.

it'd be funny if there was bleed over from Live into the parallel/diverging Legacy universe.

Elite Dangerous 2022.12.22 - 19.31.28.00.png

single item out of houndereds changed in 4.0...

if you check inara, that system is marked as invaded, but the info on inara is only live mode/4.0. i would say there is a connection to what is happening in live universe

i am transferring my ax ships to system "wolf 121", the closest with a starport

I play on the Xbox and literally just learned today about Legacy and Live systems.
Now I know why the info online about damaged stations and rescue missions doesn’t align with the systems I visit.

This is so disappointing.

I noticed this post about an attack and damaged station. Is there anyway to know if this is still active in legacy? Without making the trip there?

Or are rescue missions essentially no longer a thing for Xbox players?

Just fixes is all we got , even the third party apps are for live only PC version. We are in a separate universe to what is happening in PC land

I play on the Xbox and literally just learned today about Legacy and Live systems.
Now I know why the info online about damaged stations and rescue missions doesn’t align with the systems I visit.

This is so disappointing.

I noticed this post about an attack and damaged station. Is there anyway to know if this is still active in legacy? Without making the trip there?

Or are rescue missions essentially no longer a thing for Xbox players?
Any status change Would be still shown on legacy map in game... nothing will change and status will be frozen. nothing is planned so nothing shows on map in legacy..
Elite Dangerous 2023.02.26 - 01.47.41.00.png

Top Bottom