That's the second time UTC got me...

Since the clocks changed, British time is no longer the same as UTC. So, as a result I arrived an hour early both for the FC stream and to check if I could download the beta.

Pah. I wish we'd stop mucking about with our clocks so that these things are consistent throughout the year. :D

Just thought I'd share. I'm sure you all appreciate it.

Probably Brexit I'd wager.
Or those Irish, always wanting their country made whole again. Who do they think they are?!

Actually, apparently it was the Scottish. :) They didn't want to change the time they got up in the morning in winter, so petitioned the government to change the time instead. o_O

Since the clocks changed, British time is no longer the same as UTC. So, as a result I arrived an hour early both for the FC stream and to check if I could download the beta.

Pah. I wish we'd stop mucking about with our clocks so that these things are consistent throughout the year. :D

We turned the clock back an hour and I'm already playing it. Got 3 mauve adders and a pink python, but the rest is great (y)

Actually, apparently it was the Scottish. :) They didn't want to change the time they got up in the morning in winter, so petitioned the government to change the time instead. o_O
Don't blame either of our poor Gaelic cousins!

It was a measure during WWI to help increase productivity. Part of the Defence of the Realm Act (brilliantly known simply as DORA).

LOL

This is why we use the acronyms NPT and FCT on our squadron's discord (NPT is a short for Normal People Time, which is UTC+1 during the winter, UTC+2 during the summer, while FCT means Fish and Chips Time, which is basically the local time of our British friends).
:)

LOL

This is why we use the acronyms NPT and FCT on our squadron's discord (NPT is a short for Normal People Time, which is UTC+1 during the winter, UTC+2 during the summer, while FCT means Fish and Chips Time, which is basically the local time of our British friends).
:)

Are you suggesting that us Brits are not normal?

I'm trying to think of a decent argument to refute that... But my mind has come up blank... :oops:

Are you suggesting that us Brits are not normal?

I'm trying to think of a decent argument to refute that... But my mind has come up blank... :oops:

It's just a joke, ofc it was never meant to be offensive. BTW all our British guests there seemed to be absolutely OK with the FCT thing. Fish and chips is great!

We have a Russian friend, too, and he liked VST for UTC+3 very much (Vodka Stolichnaya Time). :)

It's just a joke, ofc it was never meant to be offensive. BTW all our British guests there seemed to be absolutely OK with the FCT thing. Fish and chips is great!

We have a Russian friend, too, and he liked VST for UTC+3 very much (Vodka Stolichnaya Time). :)

I didn't for one second think you intended to offend. :)

Top Bottom