The "Build a Fake Dino" thread

Yeah yeah, hybrids are 50/50 in popularity. But, part of that is contributed because the I-rex wasn't that "cool-looking" to begin with.
(Looks cool anyways)

So, how would y'all design your own dinosaur?

This is just for fun, you can make it as realistic as possible or go super crazy. This isn't a thread to suggest ideas to the devs (but, if they add any of these to the game, that would be kinda cool. Imagine having your creation in-game)

So, here are mine:

1. Cryptovenator (Hidden Hunter) - limited camouflage abilities, and venomous bite. Small, about the size of a raptor, and lives alone or in pairs. Genome:
    • Deinonychus
    • Troodon
  2. Torvopelta (Flesh-eating Shield) - an armored predator, the Torvopelta lives in packs. While not fast, these animals can easily take down hadrosaurs and the like, and larger predators, such as the Tyrannosaurus, struggle to take it down. Genome:
    • Ceratosaurus
    • Polacanthus
  3. Dracotitan (Dragon Giant) - a huge sauropod. High defenses, and a dangerous tail. Genome:
    • Apatosaurus
    • Stegosaurus
  4. Quellosaurus (Destruction Lizard) - so, maybe it's kinda named after my username, but it sounds cool. A piscivore with freaky teeth and pretty intelligent. Doesn't attack herbivores except for ornithomimids and hadrosaurs. Genome:
    • Baryonyx
    • Carnotaurus

I still think hybrids between land animals AND pterosaurs/marine repiles have a lot of potential. Can't think of much right now, but here's a special one:

Primiseosaurus (First Dawn Lizard)
  • Crichtonsaurus
  • Maaradactylus (species: Maaradactylus spielbergi)
A tribute to the two people who basically made the franchise, one literally, and one to something bigger. The animal eats fish and plants. Pretty docile around most other animals, but if attack, it can defend itself fiercely with beak and tail club. Not sure if I want it to be capable of flight or not.

I want a real real strong hybrid herbivore.
Tricerataurus(devil with three horns)
  • triceratops
  • carnotaurus
  • stegosaurus
A big hervivore with three horns, frill, often hind legs, and little bumps across its spine, leading to tail with deadly thorns.
probably not made exactly correctly, but I want a strong herbie.

Top Bottom