The easy to-create animals-get-it-over-with pack

Ok frontier, how about an easy pack so all those many wishes for clones can be out of the way and scedules can go back onto unique animals and the easy clones don’t have to take a place in the awesome country/continent ones.

This easy-to-create pack would be finished in no time, as most of these changes are easier than the INCREADIBLE fast change you made to the Bintorong, most animals don't need behavior-changes at all, just a re-color. And the pack would contain;

American Black Bear (hint, just remove the white color from the Formosian Black Bear)
Masai Giraffe (as easy as the candy-animals, this animal could get a re-color)
Grevy Zebra
Nile Crocodile
African Desert, Bush, Savannah, Mountain and Kitchen Elephant
Cute-little Otter (Just give the giant otter a cute face and make it smaller)
Asian Lion (Just change the name)
The other Tiger Species
Javan Rhinoceros (Sprout some hairs)
Mountain Gorilla (Change the name and voila)
That one Wildebeast everybody is wishing for moreso than for Gerenuk...
Some more Flamingo species
Europese Wisent/Bison
Greater Sable Antelope
I don’t know what more wolf species are out there, but add them as well
White and Green Peafowl (To be honest, these are the only ones that appeal to me a bit)
We got the COMMON Ostrich and Warthog, so there are probably more species out there, add them as well!

Did I miss anything?

If it was for me, Brown Bears, the Second Tiger, Bonobo, Arctic Wolf and the Malysian Tapir would also in this pack, but they already in the game.

Maybe ad American Alligator, Alpaca, Dromedary, Water Buffalo and Leopard (all species) in this pack as well, wouldn't be that hard to create, and they make sure more people buy this pack, I would not buy it, but just be happy to get those names out of the wish-list and future packs so I don’t get them in packs I actually put money in.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I can totally understand seeing the change with the binturong and thinking, "Oh, this whole time you've been holding out on us"--but I do want to mention that the pick two triangle of "good, cheap, fast" is relevant here, because creating things (especially quality things) takes time, effort, and money.

I also really want to mention that crunch is an ongoing, serious problem in game development and that we can't actually see behind the scenes. We can only see the results and speculate. For all we know, the binturong was able to be changed so quickly because of someone--or multiple someones--working considerably overtime and under pressure. I think it's great what they did with the binturong and it made a big difference to the overall look of the animal, but the fact the team was able to do that as a last-minute emergency change does not mean that rate of work is sustainable long-term.

Also on a personal note, I'd much rather Frontier focus on new animals than spend their time making a pack of reskins--especially considering how many players have gotten very heated over the Malayan tapir and such. Planet Zoo has a pretty amazing collection of modders who I think are more likely going to be the best avenue for getting reskins over the lifetime of the game and I'd prefer Frontier take point on introducing more genuine variety to the game before our time with them creating DLC is over.

I can totally understand seeing the change with the binturong and thinking, "Oh, this whole time you've been holding out on us"--but I do want to mention that the pick two triangle of "good, cheap, fast" is relevant here, because creating things (especially quality things) takes time, effort, and money.

I also really want to mention that crunch is an ongoing, serious problem in game development and that we can't actually see behind the scenes. We can only see the results and speculate. For all we know, the binturong was able to be changed so quickly because of someone--or multiple someones--working considerably overtime and under pressure. I think it's great what they did with the binturong and it made a big difference to the overall look of the animal, but the fact the team was able to do that as a last-minute emergency change does not mean that rate of work is sustainable long-term.

Also on a personal note, I'd much rather Frontier focus on new animals than spend their time making a pack of reskins--especially considering how many players have gotten very heated over the Malayan tapir and such. Planet Zoo has a pretty amazing collection of modders who I think are more likely going to be the best avenue for getting reskins over the lifetime of the game and I'd prefer Frontier take point on introducing more genuine variety to the game before our time with them creating DLC is over.
I agree with you, but I'm sure some of the animals I put in this (rather boring) lists are gonna be wasted on awesome packs, mostly because people here CRAVE these animals (more so than fossa, gerenuk, ratel, markhor, platypus and all animals we don't have ANYTHING similiar off, don't ask me why, I think its strange they want them so much, but still I've seen more people wish for Black bears than for Fossa and Gerenuk) but I want these annoying animals OUT of the way, so they can focus on the more important animals (that no modder can ever create) next.

I think this pack can be created within 2 months, as the models are already in the game, it's just a matter of color-name switching.

Last edited:
I agree with you, but I'm sure some of the animals I put in this (rather boring) lists are gonna be wasted on awesome packs, mostly because people here CRAVE these animals (more so than fossa, gerenuk, ratel, markhor, platypus and all animals we don't have ANYTHING similiar off, don't ask me why, I think its strange they want them so much, but still I've seen more people wish for Black bears than for Fossa and Gerenuk) but I want these annoying animals OUT of the way, so they can focus on the more important animals (that no modder can ever create) next.

I think this pack can be created within 2 months, as the models are already in the game, it's just a matter of color-name switching.
I can understand where you getting this. Just to beautify a bit, perhaps we could call it a Diversity Pack so that it sounds better lol?

To be completely fair, there are some serious modeling changes that would need to be done, not just skin retexturing. Also, they'd probably want to give each new animals as unique sounds as possible, and make sure all animations fit with the rig and new model. It's not as simple as you're making it out to be. Sure, they could just reskin the current giraffe species and call it a Masai giraffe, but that would anatomically not be correct. And yes, I understand that's exactly what happened with the Malayan tapir. But just because they can get away with doing that for one animal does not mean they'd do an entire pack like that.

I get that it can be frustrating when you see people prioritize animals over ones that you would like to see, but that's just life. People like different things, and no one else's opinions are any less valid than yours. I've seen you on here often saying how much you want the markhor, ratel, fossa and gerenuk, and how much you would hate a leopard or something being added.

Just know that there is a right way and a wrong way to go about asking for something. And this whole thread is reading very tongue in cheek/passive aggressive. If I was a Frontier CM sorting through community wishlists to find animals to pitch to the creation team, I'd roll my eyes and skip right past this.

@Fossa it doesn’t work that way lol. You can’t just reskin existing animals. Believe it or not most have differences. Frontier is not going to do just a reskin pack anyway. A small clawed otter out of the giant it doesn’t work that way.

Then I seriously hope those animals I named (not the ones in the Dromedary List) won't spoil the expansions in the future for me personally. These animals really concern me as they are blockades for animals I do want very badly, especially in the African pack.

How do you lump the American alligator into the reskin pack? There different in looks and behaviors to a major and certain degree. You do understand that just because animals appear to be similar doesn’t make them the same?
19B2C7AE-5397-479E-8631-F5735E2AF6E2.jpeg

This is the other wildebeest your referring to which as you can tell is not just a direct reskin. While nobody said they’d rather have this then a genunuk some people actually wouldn’t mind having these guys in their zoos. Then again like any animal a person wishes for a genunuk is not guaranteed anyway. Same with the asiatic lion if done right looks nothing like a stereotypical African lion look these animals up anatomically before referring to them as simple reskins. But no one is prioritizing reskin type animals over more unique animals in general. This is just the spin your putting on it because there are reskin type animals the community wouldn’t mind getting if indeed frontier continues to throw in the occasional similar animal. I will say I’m on record for saying I’d rather have a Masai giraffe over a impala which is not genunuk btw. But I personally would I find a impala inclusion less appealing then some animals which in that case yes I’ll take the giraffe. I do not object the impala tho and opinions change so if frontier includes one it may grow on me.
89646D15-1467-4693-A4F0-909DEA18F875.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom