The Federal Corvette - Hey FDev?

The Federal Corvette is suppose to be the ultimate war machine in the game and it seems to be about all "Elite" pirate missions generate? So I'm asking FDev if they could generate one that could at least give me a hard time? Or perhaps a BIGGER ship like the Cutter or something? These Vetts are getting old.

Watch the play list for Eagle 1 and you'll see what I mean: Or perhaps there is someone out there willing to meet for a challenge?

Try joining a PvP discord such as Elite community combat events:

https://discord.gg/BefnmE3

You could also join a squadron if you haven't already.

Thargoid interceptors can be a good challenge too if you can be bothered with engineering and guardian weapons.

Or perhaps there is someone out there willing to meet for a challenge?

I'd be completely willing to meet up for a challenge in a few days after I've finished this Thargoid hunting trip. I'm flying corvette with G5 4,500 MJ shields and G5 3,500 hp hull.

P.s. Is that overkill or does that sound like a good challenge? :)

EDIT: The Corvette truly is the ultimate battle machine in the hands of a capable pilot

Last edited:
Try joining a PvP discord such as Elite community combat events:

https://discord.gg/BefnmE3

You could also join a squadron if you haven't already.

Thargoid interceptors can be a good challenge too if you can be bothered with engineering and guardian weapons.

I'd be completely willing to meet up for a challenge in a few days after I've finished this Thargoid hunting trip. I'm flying corvette with G5 4,500 MJ shields and G5 3,500 hp hull.

P.s. Is that overkill or does that sound like a good challenge? :)
Not really ready for alien hunting- don't know much about it yet, as for your vette would love to try my FGS against a real person (y)

NPCs already have plenty of cheats up their sleeves, please don't ask for more.

The reality is that NPC AI just isn't as good as CMDRs. It sounds like you need to get into PVP. I think you are going to find yourself in for a steep learning curve. No insult meant, but your piloting in that video is what I would consider competent. Dropping Elite NPC Corvettes really doesn't say much, I can drop them in a shieldless DBS faster than you managed in your FGS. Your ToT is poor, and your weapon loadout is absolute easy mode and easy to counter. Had you been facing a decent PVP pilot, I suspect you would not have dropped their shields before you ate a rebuy. If you want to give PVP a go in your FGS, get decent with Plasma/Rails and FA off. FA off allow you to apply consistent pressure, the strong point of the FGS.

I should add that Elite Wing Assassinations are much more of a challenge than the regular Assassinations. Toss some Plasma/Rails on your FGS and see how you fare with those missions, it will definitely be more exciting.

o7

Practicing FA-off, getting there. I stay close to a station for practice. One of the vids I will point out was to see just how much punishment the G5 hull/re-enforcements could actually take(long fight)- the FGS vs Anaconda(elite), she really takes a beating.
I havn't been in the pvp room yet but I understand there are a limited number of ships to choose from and not your own? Perhaps I'll ytry it and see how I do.

Nicely made video but agree with above comments. If you want a challenge try the wing ones (even though pay:effort ratio is pants solo) and try using more fixed weaponary.

I stack normal and wing ones in my Vette and will often have 2 or 3 enemy Vettes enter the signal source making for a pretty intense battle, though they do go after each other which relieves some of the pressure

Wing missions? I have seen something like that but I though I had to be in a wing to take it- or am I thinking of something else?
Have them for transport also right?

Pretty much everything 60mm said, and he put it rather nicely.

That been said... Why are pirates flying a Corvette? Doing the Federations dirty work.. now? /s

Remeber that you'll face tougher opponents as your combat rank increases.
Also, don't fly G5 engineered ship against AI if you want more challenge.

Wing missions? I have seen something like that but I though I had to be in a wing to take it- or am I thinking of something else?
Have them for transport also right?

You can take Wing missions solo. Pay/Rewards are the same, but difficulty is increased a hefty amount.

As others have said NPC pilots are pretty naive, I am only 85% master but your Federal Goose will be cooked rather quickly if you attack my Corvette. :)

Top Bottom