Horizons The one little thing that irritats me with Horizons

First of all, let me say that this may be because of me failing to set my option settings right. So the possibility that my irritation is caused by my own noobishness is very real..:eek: If so, I'm sure you will let me know. Anyway, here we go.

The placing of the SRV drop-down panel.. I'm used to the Vultures nice 'floor windows' which let me see the ground I'm landing on.
But when I look down the SRV panel opens up and block my nice view, which I've learn to depend on. It irritates the heck out of me..

I use TrackIR, and my setting is so that the side panels opens when I look towards them. And the same goes for SRV panel.

Is there an option to make it so the SRV panel can be toggled on and off, instead of auto open when I look down? So I can turn it on when landed and about to deploy the SRV, and off when I'm not using the SRV?
If not, I would really like such option.

Yes, this is indeed possible. I use TrackIR and used to have the panels always open when I look at them. Now I have the UI Panels not showing on look and I manually open them and close them. This means I can quickly look away and look back without having to wait the split second for them to open. It also means I can leave the panel open if I want to, which I often do with Navigation - especially for exploring. You just need to get used to the fact you will accidentally leave them open at times when you didn't mean to.

Have a look in the CONTROLS options menu under MODE SWITCHES and you'll see options for "LOOKING AT...". Switch the relevant ones to "DO NOTHING". Now set the PANEL options above to your respective desired keys.

Yes, this is indeed possible. I use TrackIR and used to have the panels always open when I look at them. Now I have the UI Panels not showing on look and I manually open them and close them. This means I can quickly look away and look back without having to wait the split second for them to open. It also means I can leave the panel open if I want to, which I often do with Navigation - especially for exploring. You just need to get used to the fact you will accidentally leave them open at times when you didn't mean to.

Have a look in the CONTROLS options menu under MODE SWITCHES and you'll see options for "LOOKING AT...". Switch the relevant ones to "DO NOTHING". Now set the PANEL options above to your respective desired keys.

You're my hero! :) Thanks

Top Bottom