The only problem with 5 billion credits is..

For optimal outrage, FDev should make it so FCs can do at least half a dozen jumps before refuelling.

That way, players can be at least 3000Ly from the nearest station before they realise they forgot to bring a mining ship. 😬

They haven't even confirmed you can mine your own tritium. The only reference to it said you could buy it. We don't actually know anything.

Killing thargoids should be the most profitable activity in the game. Big risk, lots of setup and content to work through (engineers, unlocking the weapons, gathering the materials) expensive outfitting required, and you have to learn the fight.

• Buff sandbox trading to between 7-12 million a hop for cutter/type9 in the top extremes.

I haven't done it in a while so things may have changed, but I used to make that (if not more) hauling palladium from isolated extraction systems (once allied etc). It took a while, but I made the bulk of my 10 billion from haulage.

Doing that means you don't enjoy the movie, elite, or both. While its each to their own and you can do anything how you please, your mind is going to be so blown when you find a movie or game you actually enjoy :)
Yes, it's terrible that I've had to spend 7000 hours playing a game that I hate. Have you got a suggestion for a game that'll blow my mind?

Yes, it's terrible that I've had to spend 7000 hours playing a game that I hate. Have you got a suggestion for a game that'll blow my mind?

I can try. Its a broad question and i really want to try so what genres do you like? For single player questing, the peak of the genre is witcher 3 and red dead redemption 2, basically the same experience with different themes, if you associate with video games its worth trying those as a generational thing.

For space, there's not much out there, or at least games that will last 7000 hours anyway. Id recommend x rebirth if you haven't played those games before. People only hate it because they have expectations, as a newcomer to the series its amazing. If you haven't already, find a 2 button joystick (or any joystick), go to gog, and play tie fighter. It helps if you're into star wars sure, but id still say that's the best space game still to this date as far as gameplay goes. And its hardcore.. really unforgiving. You're in a hailstorm of lasers in a ship with no shields for the bulk of the game. No mans sky is an academic exercise in what elite could be.. the game and the developers are simply better than frontier. I wouldn't recommend it though because of the queasy theme and you need to like mobile games for what they chose. Having said.. it is like elites mini me if you don't mind the setting or the survival. Who betters frontier at every single patch.

For mmo's.. swtor if you haven't ignore the cash shop until you know the game. There are many traps asking for money and most of it is not needed. ESO is good, really good, if you have the patience and open mindedness to get a feel for the combat. It feels more like a little trainset / minatures table than a believable world but the presentation there is above and beyond.

There's only 2 games i play in vr.. elite, and the other has vr in the title.. hmm.

If you like racing games, well they're all what they are really. I do like the recent formula 1 games, but i want to do well and you have to put in serious time to learn the tracks if you don't want to take it like a joke so they're sitting there waiting for elite to break.

Frontiers other games are okay as well. They all reek of frontier, good graphics and sound, skeleton gameplay, people much more passionate about them than they deserve because they are also in genres with zero competition. Hey the graphics and sound are genuinely good, and theres tools to play with.

Lastly, just in case you're so inclined, also a huge recommendation for American Truck Simulator (ETS is too old and i never bothered with promods.. guess it could be okay.. wait until they patch in the new audio tech before buying i say) and Farming Simulator 2019. You'll learn way more than you ever wanted to about commerical agriculture from fs and its also relaxing. The trick is to find the right mod map for you.

Elite is pretty good in its way, perspective is good too i like to think.

For space, there's not much out there, or at least games that will last 7000 hours anyway. Id recommend x rebirth if you haven't played those games before. People only hate it because they have expectations, as a newcomer to the series its amazing. If you haven't already, find a 2 button joystick (or any joystick), go to gog, and play tie fighter. It helps if you're into star wars sure, but id still say that's the best space game still to this date as far as gameplay goes. And its hardcore.. really unforgiving. You're in a hailstorm of lasers in a ship with no shields for the bulk of the game. No mans sky is an academic exercise in what elite could be.. the game and the developers are simply better than frontier. I wouldn't recommend it though because of the queasy theme and you need to like mobile games for what they chose. Having said.. it is like elites mini me if you don't mind the setting or the survival. Who betters frontier at every single patch.
We do not speak of that one installment. X3, Terran conflict, Albion Prelude or X4 Foundation (new DLC launched today), but else there is NOTHING between those 2 releases! :D

X4 has definitley a solid base and there a few features from X4 which I would love to see in Elite, like the open hangar and guiding lights where to land. (#deathtotheMailslot). The walking around on the station sure has its flair too. And I need to play it a bit more too.

We do not speak of that one installment. X3, Terran conflict, Albion Prelude or X4 Foundation (new DLC launched today), but else there is NOTHING between those 2 releases! :D

X4 has definitley a solid base and there a few features from X4 which I would love to see in Elite, like the open hangar and guiding lights where to land. (#deathtotheMailslot). The walking around on the station sure has its flair too. And I need to play it a bit more too.

I think you might confirm my point.. my first was rebirth and i loved it. Sure the whole thing is low budget and a bit too much like freelancer with the highways, but given how complex the game is i really like the do one of everything tutorial with the cheezy but also convincing story. What i found myself doing was stopping progress and trying out new features between each stage just because i wanted to. Having said, once it was finished i didn't bother much with the sandbox, so maybe that says something about me too.

With x4.. this time knowing what to expect, i know its a bargin bin title (like elite actually).. and its been almost full price since launch. I get that they need to make money of course considering they're a small indie team still, but im used to paying full price for AAA including collectors editions with statues etc. A digital only copy of a even respectable indie title not so much.

Last edited:
Fascinating comments!

1. Ok, so one person made 1.7bn in six hours, mining. Is that right? If so, why the hell are people still moaning about the price of Fleet Carriers?! It’s the game’s top earnable thing and you’re complaining that eighteen hours is too long to have to play to earn it..? Just... no. Go play an arcade game. While we’re at it, mining needs a nerf. Those earnings are absurd and trivialise things that should feel like achievements.

2. The person criticising someone for watching films and playing Elite at the same time: jeez dude, let people enjoy things. Horses for courses, each to their own, one man’s meat yadda yadda. Elite can be a slow game and mining isn’t a full-brain activity, it’s entirely possible to enjoy it and watch something that doesn’t demand too much of you either. Everyone’s different, and most people are the best judge of what they themselves enjoy.

Last edited:
2. The person criticising someone for watching films and playing Elite at the same time: jeez dude, let people enjoy things. Horses for courses, each to their own, one man’s meat yadda yadda. Elite can be a slow game and mining isn’t a full-brain activity, it’s entirely possible to enjoy it and watch something that doesn’t demand too much of you either. Everyone’s different, and most people are the best judge of what they themselves enjoy.

When you think about it, watching movie/videos or using smartphone while mining or travelling in SuperCruise actually ADDS more immersion to the game.

Why?

Because I can totally imagine "real" space pilots doing the exact thing, even if it was against their safety protocols at work ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom