The option for water rides to use lake water or clorinated water.

The title explains it fairly well. (Minus the spelling mistake!!) I am specifically talking about theme park water rides and not waterpark water rides.

Obviously water park water rides almost always use chlorinated clean water, themepark rides do not, but many do.

It would be great if we had the option (assuming we are having rapids rides, water coasters, log flumes etc) where we can build them like we do in Planco1 where they use what would be considered to be normal lake water. Not cleaned or filtered (see Drayton Manor's Storm Force 10, Alton Towers' Congo River Rapids) or the option to use chlorinated clean water (see Blackpool's Valhalla, the recently closed Vikings River Splash at Legoland Windsor and the newly opened Splash Lagoon at Paultons park.

Lake water
1721597960672.png

Chlorinated water
1721598066614.png

Seemingly all the features are already being put into Planco2 for something like this to work for one reason or another, they just need molding specifically to this. Like the throughput, this could be another thing that could help create depth to the management aspect, as Planco1 was critised for being wide but not deep in the management aspect and it was very true.

It could work something like this:

1. A standard water ride like we build now in Planet Coaster is assumed to use normal lake water. Compared to a chlorinated system, the operating costs are cheaper but the reliability will go down slightly faster, (as lake water always builds up algie around components such as motors, lift hills, sensors and boats etc). The troughs and boats degrading with algie over time would be a nice to have, but not essential to have this to add depth to the management side. The appeal of the actual ride itself to guests (minus scenery) will be slightly lower due to the dirtier water, which falls off at a higher rate than chlorinated rides IF the temperature gets cooler. The water wouldn't need to look brown, just like lake water, quite opaque, kind of how Planet Zoo handles
  2. Chlorinated water rides cost more to run, have slightly higher appeal and will have slightly higher reliablity due to no build up of aquatic life around mechanical components. The water also looks visibly different (like the pool water (clear, more blue). They also need the same sort of chlorination system and staff to manage it that I assume the pool system will have. It may also have higher appeal in cooler weather, but not too much.
  3. Rides where guests don't get wet, such as the jungle cruise inspired boats won't be affected by this. It should only affect rides where the guests get wet.
  4. Chlorinated vs not chlorinated are not multiple rides, they are the same ride, so for example, you can build a log flume and it would by default use the normal lake water by default, as it works now. You can then chose to add a chlorination system to it when building or at a later date, if at a later date it may be something that can only be added when the ride is going through a refurbishment.
  5. A visible difference in the look of the water. Lake water looking like well, lake water (Planet Zoo lakes). Chlorinated water looking similar to the pool water.
This is another feature where most of the parts are seemingly going to be in place for the water rides but has the potential to add some nice depth to the management gameplay of standard theme park water rides. Like the throughput thread that I posted in another thread, these things are not essential to the core game experience, meaning they don't have to be used by the player (unless a scenarios or something was based around it). But they are features that are there, can be used and adds depth and meaningful adjustments to the gameplay if they are used.

Last edited:
Kind of on this topic, I want lake/sea/ocean swimming with beach-blanket lounging. If free-form's not feasible then the ability to delineate areas for it (kinda like what's faked in Chief Beef's Raceway). This will allow better recreation of small regional parks, and improved Coney Island attempts of course.

Kind of on this topic, I want lake/sea/ocean swimming with beach-blanket lounging. If free-form's not feasible then the ability to delineate areas for it (kinda like what's faked in Chief Beef's Raceway). This will allow better recreation of small regional parks, and improved Coney Island attempts of course.
On the topic of waterparks and lakes. I hope we can have lake swimming without any pool boundaries and sand beaches where guests can enter for wave pools. More options for where guests can swim and how they can enter pools or lakes would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom