PvP The Siege of Kokafeki

Dear Commandante Starmony,

I may be lawful, but you are one of my new heroes. Not only do I love Shostakovich's Symphony no.7, "The Leningrad", but also your sheer endurance and Zen-like mental composure to persist in dueling such an abysmally boring type of fight truly deserves the highest award and commendation the Elite Dangerous Universe has to offer.

I am sure you will be awarded it.... soon.

o7

P.S. I was unable to watch the entire video. I would have died of boredom.

I am sure you will be awarded it.... soon.
It is much more interesting to collect pebbles or jump for months from star to star.

8 gimbled guns? Are you that it is serious?

Any reverse tactics is doomed to failure if the other ship has a thicker shield and weapon power. You just need to have 2-3 long-range rail weapons, or at least long-range laser ones. Micro-fine-tuning weapons will make getting into the middle ship too easy.
As they say, a heavy armed knight needs to have only a bow with arrows and be able to shoot from it.

P.S. As I understand it, Kokafeki KMDR has already fired its torpedoes where ...

Last edited:
It is much more interesting to collect pebbles or jump for months from star to star.

Any reverse tactics is doomed to failure if the other ship has a thicker shield and weapon power. You just need to have 2-3 long-range rail weapons, or at least long-range laser ones. Micro-fine-tuning weapons will make getting into the middle ship too easy.
As they say, a heavy armed knight needs to have only a bow with arrows and be able to shoot from it.

P.S. As I understand it, Kokafeki KMDR has already fired its torpedoes where ...
Agreed, I find exploring and gathering materials to be even more mind numbing. (Sorry explorers, I have a short attention span)

I am not fond of the reverski style because it requires specific counters that of course, need to be engineered. Engineering requires material gathering. Material gathering is boring for me, so boring that in fact I mostly do organized PvP in asteroid belts because I can use what I already have. And in asteroid belts reverskii is almost impossible in denser fields. In addition, premium ammo also requires more brain neuron destroying material grinding. Organic PvP with premium ammo and reverskii has become a materials grind fest which I personally will not do. YMMV.

Although using rails and plasmas requires practice, there is nothing wrong with gimballed or turreted weapons. The stigma of using gimballed weapons should be eradicated. There are so few PvPers in this game that anyone willing to try PvP with us should be welcomed and supported. We all have to start somewhere.

:)

Something have to be done with fallof ranges on lr mod, it's not only about reverski railers specifially, but thing that LR mod on hitscan is too good compered to rest, i know that some say that short range on rails is good, but lets face it, it's meme, if you are beating someon with 4 heatsink 4 SR rail FDL, you propably win with bigger margin in more balanced build, and even purely mathematically SR mod on rails not compete with thermal conduit SR plasmas from DPS/DPE and heat generation perspective.

Just woke up. Best sleep aid there is, many thanks for that. I think I would have been falling to sleep even if I would have been in the pilot seat it's such an engaging fight. Just one question: Did you win? I don't want to start watching again, out of fear to wake up 10h later non-the-wiser.

Hmm I'm not sure what you're asking. Of course eight gimballed cannons aren't serious; it was a joke build I flew around a few times out of boredom. I normally use PA's almost exclusively on my combat ships, but sometimes a build needs gimbals to work at all (cough Clippers cough). These cannons have a wide velocity distribution so it results in four separate reticles. Also, the very slow speed, high jitter, low damage, and limited range balances out the gimbal advantage IMO.

I'd wanted to build an all cannon Conda since joining the Code about a year ago because it seemed like a classic pirate sailing ship I could tool around in (mostly for pve stuff) and originally planned to use the different grades of the long range mod to modify projectile speeds and have a matching set of fixed cannons all using the same reticle. But then as I was setting up a spreadsheet to figure it out I asked what I was doing with my life and put the calculator down.

Also, neither of us were using torpedoes. I'm not sure why Koka's shields fell the first time, but I think later instances of shields dropping were from reboots after the cannonballs or heat damage took out their weapons.

EDIT: I was assuming some heat damage from the rails; I was not using any mods that apply heat. Rather, I had brought all force shell cannons which really upped the lame factor in a reverski fight. Every time I connected shots, the force shells pushed them away! 😂

Last edited:
Just woke up. Best sleep aid there is, many thanks for that. I think I would have been falling to sleep even if I would have been in the pilot seat it's such an engaging fight. Just one question: Did you win? I don't want to start watching again, out of fear to wake up 10h later non-the-wiser.

Haha I'm not sure you could describe any outcome of this fight as a "win", but since you asked...
Yes, I goaded them into a ramming contest and got the kill after they tried to claim victory when I said I was out of ammo again. I was actually bluffing and had a few more full shots ready; I just didn't want to tip them off until they had just about rammed their shields off toying with me (they certainly would have run again otherwise). It turned out that the last collision made that tactic unnecessary.

Haha I'm not sure you could describe any outcome of this fight as a "win", but since you asked...
Yes, I goaded them into a ramming contest and got the kill after they tried to claim victory when I said I was out of ammo again. I was actually bluffing and had a few more full shots ready; I just didn't want to tip them off until they had just about rammed their shields off toying with me (they certainly would have run again otherwise). It turned out that the last collision made that tactic unnecessary.
You are a naughty person.
Excellent! :LOL:

Not only do I love Shostakovich's Symphony no.7, "The Leningrad", but also your sheer endurance and Zen-like mental composure

P.S. I was unable to watch the entire video. I would have died of boredom.

Glad you liked the soundtrack. I was actually flabbergasted when I combined the Shadowplay footage and realized the whole fight was almost an hour long...enough time to use nearly all of the massive Shosty 7 as very appropriate siege-like background music.

And thanks for following my suggestion by not watching the entire video. I wouldn't want your blood and/or catatonic drool on my hands and conscience.

Hmm I'm not sure what you're asking. Of course eight gimballed cannons aren't serious; it was a joke build I flew around a few times out of boredom. I normally use PA's almost exclusively on my combat ships, but sometimes a build needs gimbals to work at all (cough Clippers cough). These cannons have a wide velocity distribution so it results in four separate reticles. Also, the very slow speed, high jitter, low damage, and limited range balances out the gimbal advantage IMO.

I'd wanted to build an all cannon Conda since joining the Code about a year ago because it seemed like a classic pirate sailing ship I could tool around in (mostly for pve stuff) and originally planned to use the different grades of the long range mod to modify projectile speeds and have a matching set of fixed cannons all using the same reticle. But then as I was setting up a spreadsheet to figure it out I asked what I was doing with my life and put the calculator down.

Also, neither of us were using torpedoes. I'm not sure why Koka's shields fell the first time, but I think later instances of shields dropping were from reboots after the cannonballs or heat damage took out their weapons.

Thanks for letting me know the conclusion, and then the other side explodes it's a win in my book, especially a reverski.

I had a T-10 with all cannons once, though it would be fun. I never had the chance to test it against somebody else, but it was the only time I came close to lose a low CZ. Not because I was about to explode, but because it took so damn long to kill any ship. Now I have a lot's of engineered gimbals cannons and don't know what to do with them, beside the FC ones.

@SergMx Where is the fun if everybody flies the Meta? Leave the spreadsheet for work and have fun with whatever build, you might like it.

I am generally surprised at the choice of guns, since the high yield shell was cut in my opinion, no one else uses them.

And in general, the guns in my opinion are the only weapons in the game in which the speed of the projectile not only varies from class to type, fixed and gimbled.

Wait, when did this happen? Yamato2012 Wake in the first seconds?

This fight went down last weekend on the 7th. Yamato's wake was just a routine jump in supercruise, not an exit from a local fight instance. I was just idly looking at it when Koka pulled me into the fight the video covers. I left that very beginning in showing the wake as a minor Easter egg, as many of us have been thrilled to see Yamato2012 online again after a long break.

This fight went down last weekend on the 7th. Yamato's wake was just a routine jump in supercruise, not an exit from a local fight instance. I was just idly looking at it when Koka pulled me into the fight the video covers. I left that very beginning in showing the wake as a minor Easter egg, as many of us have been thrilled to see Yamato2012 online again after a long break.

Well, you certainly got me. Its indeed great to see Yamato back in game. And apparently he even got his old save back from Frontier. I, personally, would have loved to see a fresh Yamato2020 too :D

Nice. Very very long though... typical of reverski fights where someone doesn't get bored. I think he has learned to disengage earlier from tedious fights now...

We fought him the other night. I was just checking out the sights in Borann in my Cobra when he blew me up. Wasn't sure what to make of his ship at first (Orca), he could apparently reverse only slightly slower than my Cobra could boost plus he's pretty accurate with the rail guns. I was talking about it with the guys in my squadron and they all thought it'd be a great laugh to have a fight. We turned up with two corvettes, a python and a cheese build courier. We lost a corvette due to desync and he had a friend with a Mamba show up and they picked it to bits.

While none of us are as good a warrior as most of the PvPers here, we had a great time - he didn't have enough firepower to take out the corvettes in a decent amount of time and the courier had phasing lasers, and his Orca didn't have much hull. Since this also was a reverski fight, we took ages. If he came into weapons range of the corvettes, he would get hammered and if he reversed out, the courier would tickle him with the phasing lasers. We got him to under 50% hull before he left. As the courier pilot, I got shot down a couple of times but I had the greatest time practicing my evasive flying skills while attacking. Our python pilot was his prime target, as the weakest ship in the bunch. I think we lost that ship 3 times.

Still it took over an hour, I think he sent one of his mates after me after he managed to get a shot into my courier's power plant that shut the ship down, followed by a volley that finished it off - on my way back to our instance I got chain interdicted by some guy in a Fer-de-lance, which delayed me by about a minute. By the time I got back, he'd left.

Still, we all had fun despite our losses and we all learned a lot.

Top Bottom