Roller Coasters The Smiler - Recreation (Custom supports, accurate track)

Hey guys! For about a week now I have been working on my recreation of The Smiler! I won't keep you waiting, so here are my latest screenshots!

1UlylbB.jpg

J7YZrQd.jpg

fZw7q6h.jpg

d4DSPwb.jpg

0eLUcu7.jpg

Anyway, feel free to tell me what you think, and make sure to keep checking back on this thread! After supports ill probably detail the marmiliser [wink]

Got here via the link on the Pictures Thread.

Incredible looking so far! I love your work on the Marmaliser [wacky]

I'm a big fan of Alton Towers, so I will be keeping a close eye on what you do with this Smiler recreation [big grin]

Thanks! The marmiliser will be fully completed after all of the supports, as I want to make sure all of the details line up :D

Well, I look forward to seeing the final product!

Are you doing the internal queue line too?

I'm going to AT on Sunday, so I look forward to comparing the real thing [wink]

Looks great! I've always wanted to ride this coaster. Maybe someday when I go on holiday in the UK. 14 inversions [wacky]

its a load of fun Ramm ive managed to ride the smiler 16 time in one day before ! Thats 224 inversions [wacky]

Well, I look forward to seeing the final product!

Are you doing the internal queue line too?

I'm going to AT on Sunday, so I look forward to comparing the real thing [wink]

First, have fun at Alton! Went there and loved it a few years ago, though I didnt go on Smiler.

And yes, I will do the internal queue line, but sadly the exit may not be 1:1, due to limitations.

Update 2:

So, finally, I have worked enough to make another update!

A whole view of the track, including new supports.
mXEFnSb.jpg

A view from the toilet block (which is pretty accurate, I must say) that shows off the new station and maintenance shed!
ke0SZHV.jpg

From the path, you can see some supports and some terrain work.
93jo5mC.jpg

I have also started some detailing work across the ride.
6OtlXpZ.jpg

Here's what the ride looks like from the station so far
q56ca4C.jpg

And, to finish this update off, here's a great view of the corkscrew and dive loop
xwSXqrN.jpg

I hope you guys enjoyed the update, and I look forward to posting again!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update! Looking great so far! Are you doing all the supports by yourself then? Including the lift hill?

Your Welcome! And yes, I am doing all of the supports custom (except the station)

I have finished the pipes on the station now and I am starting the detail on The Marmiliser.

Update 3

Well, you know what time it is! Time for another update, that's what!

Lets kick it off with a picture of the new queue that is going in
Y9Wpp3n.jpg

I have also redone the 2nd and 3rd inversions, so that they looks and act like the real deal. Here's a peak from the queue
GkAcF3Q.jpg

Moving on, I have finished all outside details on the station (All of the valves are even in the real locations!)
EKO9w1O.jpg

Also an important detail, I have finally finished the transfer track and storage track!
1fQb9ZE.jpg

Now, the thing you guys have been most excited for... The Marmiliser detail! The Flasher is done
9nyY3HM.jpg

As is the Tickler
7NucFpX.jpg

Finishing up the marmiliser work we have The Giggler
UhQBAHd.jpg

Now, to finish up, here's an overall picture
uqaEuK9.jpg

Wait! I nearly forgot! The final thing I added was... Scarefest lighting! (Went with blue because it looked cool)
79ECV9x.jpg

ohUDL0u.jpg

vstRKSU.jpg

I hope this update was informative, and stay tuned! These updates happen regularly!

UPDATE TIME!

But this one is a little different. I was going to put pictures in, but I decided to make a video showcasing the ride instead ;)

[video=youtube;2TDygFxhTIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TDygFxhTIs[/video]

Quick recap of what I have done:

• Finished Marmiliser details
  • Finished working Marmiliser screen (thanks operateur!)
  • Wrapping up supports
  • Finished foliage, landscaping and toilet block
  • Added mock up of Oblivion, enterprise

Thanks again for keeping updated on this project :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom