General / Off-Topic The Ultimate Millennium Falcon model

There are tons of Millennium Falcon models starting with a key chain. Let's take a look at two of the most expensive versions.

LEGO recently released the ultimate Millennium Falcon kit no 75192. With 7541 parts it is their biggest model yet and cost $799.99 USD. Add an after market lighting kit for $81.99. It is 33 in (84 cm) long. Not sure about the weight but the box it comes in a box about 32 pounds (14.4 Kg). It offers slight variations from the original films to the later ones. It is available on Amazon.

Model-Space offers an accurate 1:1 of the model used for the film released in 1977 at $1499.99 USD or $64.99 month for 25 months = $1624.55 not always including shipping depending upon where you live. It includes working lighting electronics and there are after market versions improving them. It is available on their website.

So what do we get? With LEGOs the bigger the model the more accurate it is. Still they will always be limited competing with a very accurate scale model. I think that their $800.00 price is too high. Still I would probably purchase it at $400.00 and emotionally might go to $600.00. No painting required and with so many parts one might easily design an awesome Cobra Mk III, Anaconda or a Corvette.

The Model-Space version is the ultimate reproduction and lately includes a wall mount bracket. It's colors are accurate to the filming model but the wizards in Hollywood used lighting techniques to get the desired effect. An awesome looking "weathered" model requires some pretty good painting skills with an airbrush. As painting technology has moved on not to worry as using the right paints and the thinner if one makes a mistake just wipe it off and start again. Do it 20 times until you like the results. Still at this cost why don't they offer a painted version as an option versus us who don't want to paint?

I've almost completed the LEGO version in the 3-D app Lego Digital Desiger so I have the building experience without the cost. But LDD does not tolerate imperfections and often adds a few imperfections trying to get two different builds far away from each other to mate. Should I ever purchase their kit I'll know exactly how to build it. This info comes in handy before spending $800.00. Of course if Frontier ever goes LEGO or Model-Space then my emotional meter will spend a fortune!

Meanwhile I have an NPC model 8917 still unopened which is discontinued and can be purchased less than $40.00 on eBay. You do the math.

]

A few panels to go.
Regards

Last edited:
My most favorite description of Star Wars, delivered by one and only Malcolm Tucker. Just a warning - NSFW, some spicy language :)

Here we go off the subject discussing anyone who will consider spending a significant amount of money on either of these models. It happens a lot on the Forum and I smile. Meanwhile taking my combat Cutter back to the home base. I'll go Open mode but usually no one is around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom