There's a new Amiga coming out - 128bit

I actually think emulation is the best way forward. If you can make a near-perfect emulator then why bother redesigning old hardware?

Kind of like with jukeboxes, we don't need to make ones that flip CDs in and out... it's enough to run the whole thing off a hard drive. :)

Commodore are writing their own Operating System, they just haven't finished it yet:
http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64.aspx

Play all your favorite 8-bit era games within seconds of turning the Commodore 64 on, by either selecting the C64 icon from the boot menu to run a C64 emulator directly, or from a media center program within our own Commodore Operating System.

Note: Commodore OS 1.0, along with emulation functionality and classic game package, will be mailed to purchasers when available. In the meantime, units come with the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS operating system on CD ready to install.

And http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_OS.aspx

I'm looking forward to seeing the OS in action. I won't be getting the C64 but I'm looking forward to the Amiga. The real test will be the support it gets from third party developers.

Last edited:
Perhaps, but it seems a bit strange to me that they would begin shipping their machines without an OS :S

I think that was mainly due to the dual release they did with Disney. They released the C64 at the same time as Tron Legacy on DVD (but clearly Commodore weren't really ready, but I doubt they'd want to screw things up with Disney).

And that Android/Amiga tablet - yep, same as this C64 discussion, it's not an 'Amiga' without an Amiga OS.

My God :eek: The AAA board! That will go for a fortune, even if it is not working. What a find Spacegamer, well done! :cool: If I had money to burn, I would place a bid myself :(

As expected, the AAA board has now exceeded $2000! No bad for an old knackered printed circuit board. Shame it didn't come with the custom chips though :( I wonder what happened to them? :rolleyes:

it would be great to see the amiga return with lots of new hardware and great new features. Just a shame really, the internet is what killed it

on the original picture on the first page of this thread the Ctrl key is in the wrong place.... everybody knows that the Ctrl key is supposed to be above shift and to the left of caps lock.

Top Bottom