This is why I can't play Elite Dangerous!

2020-02-16 09_56_03-Elite Dangerous Launcher.png

Quick search gave this result, and it helped some people. Words of ED support, apparently:
"You need to disable or uninstall Microsoft.NET framework and re install with the most current .NET framework assuming you have programs that require it.
This did resolve the problem if anyone else is having the issue this will fix it."

Thanks for the reply! I've done this and it works once per reboot. I need to make a batch to reinstall net framework after every reboot. LOL! A lot of my steam library needs the framework. I guess I have some choices to make.

Thanks for the reply! I've done this and it works once per reboot. I need to make a batch to reinstall net framework after every reboot. LOL! A lot of my steam library needs the framework. I guess I have some choices to make.
You may look for a better solution then. It's clearly something .net framework related. It doesn't have to be like this, it works for most people after all. Are you on win 10?

Also, Frontier tracker has some people with exactly the same problem.
If you happen to have this when you use VR, this might be a temporary solution:
"I have some extra info for this issue now as I can reproduce it with 100% consistency. For me is this error occurs when the Oculus application is running. If the Oculus application is running, Elite's launcher throws this error no matter where it is started from. If it's not running, it does not throw the error. I can still start the game even when the error appears from Oculus in VR as the auto-launch essentially skips this error. If I launch the game from Steam and the Oculus application is running, the Unhandled Exception dialog box will appear and cause me to be unable to start the game. "

Also, Frontier tracker has some people with exactly the same problem.
If you happen to have this when you use VR, this might be a temporary solution:
"I have some extra info for this issue now as I can reproduce it with 100% consistency. For me is this error occurs when the Oculus application is running. If the Oculus application is running, Elite's launcher throws this error no matter where it is started from. If it's not running, it does not throw the error. I can still start the game even when the error appears from Oculus in VR as the auto-launch essentially skips this error. If I launch the game from Steam and the Oculus application is running, the Unhandled Exception dialog box will appear and cause me to be unable to start the game. "
I'll vouch for the Oculus app running throwing a wobbly with .NET - oddly though I can still start the game despite a stream of errors, unlike the OP who has Upgrade and not play option, odd!

Thanks for the help guys! I flushed net 3-4.8 and reinstalled with reboot and i'm back in game. Don't know if the error will comeback on the next reboot but fingers crossed. Off topic but when i logged in I forgot that i was in my scarab and a huge thargoid was hovering above me! good times. I guess he was'nt in a human squashing mood and let me go.

Top Bottom