CQC Three shotting in CQC a thing?

I'm kinda new to this CQC thing - Not overly impressed by it, but its a good time waster while im waiting for my carrier to jump. Question though - is 3 hit killing normal in CQC? And are you supposed to be "thrown to the wolves" setting you up with level 8 Prestige players when you are like rank 5?

If the other guy has the weapons powerup and you don't have 4 pips to SYS, then yes you can die very quickly. Takes more than 3 shots, but it sometimes feels like less, especially with latency.

The game does try to match equally ranked players together, but it depends on how many people are playing. If there is only one match going then everyone will end up there. If there are several matches going (and they aren't full), then you should normally be placed in an easier one. However, being in a match with a 50 can be a good way to learn. Take the Sidewinder, put 4 pips to SYS and use the SCB. Most experienced players usually leave Sideys alone as they take too long to kill, so you can use the time to study their tactics while they maul everyone else.

This is a great video that covers the key elements for improving your CQC performance. I'm super new to CQC (have been playing for 3 days) and my match performance improved dramatically after trying to incorporate the stuff in the video... most importantly the important of switching targets the second you start getting attacked -- those little fighters aren't shield / hull tanks.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNg0UsoyUT0

Top Bottom