Ships Throw an ASP build at me please peops

Asp explorer Pure PvE
An exploration build please, not a stripped and skinned alive super long jumper please but iknow i am going sag A, i used to have one of those E2/FE
just a good starting point with options - ie im keeping the big shield, 5A are bi weaves better??? Ive heard of builds with a 4pip,

Dont want full details and ive only got farseer and MC only guy to work with
Dont tell me to use a krait (see below), im loyal to my trusty asp ex
Dont give me a link to a build ship webpage the xbox browser hates (thats most)

Im on 2 medium beams, 4 small MC, all gimmied
5A most kit, ive skimped on life support
Is extra full tank worth it??
Yes i also got either a 4A or 5A scoop which im pretty happy with, - its so fast
Any mods to internals i should avoid??? - the ones 50% pick but then regret
Deep charge FSD yeah??? Or lighter???
I assume i can drop my srv off?? It serves no purpose.
Would u swap 2 beams for pulse/burst, or go 4 small beams and 2 medium MC??? Im not having ANY heat issues currently btw.
Currently at 34LY max range, what range can i expect without being silly???
I also got auto repair thingy, not even figured out how to use it yet, dump it yeah??? - dont hold it against me i saw it at Hutton and magpied it

asp1.jpg

asp2.jpg

FSD = G5 Increased Range + Mass Manager
Options:
Swap SRV for another fuel tank or an extra AFMU
Swap one HRP + SRV for 3D Repair Limpet Controller + Cargo
Adjust Power priorities as needed (ie. AFMU < 2 >)
edit - Weapons are entirely optional
o7

Last edited:
I wouldn't use any weapons on an explorer, with the exception of a mining laser (to get materials) and a plasma slug rail or preferably imphammer (to drain the fuel tank).
Get a guardian FSD booster if you don't have one.
The build from X is nice for starters.

But I'd still use a Phantom 😜

Why are you putting weapons on an explorer?
Why would you leave the srv off an explorer?
Why would you leave the afmu off an explorer?
You want mass manager on an asp, not deep charge, though honestly the difference is probably negligible.

Anyway, Shir's build there is solid. Not much you can really add to that, and as you can see, you can still have excellent jump range without skimping on anything you need.

Why are you putting weapons on an explorer?
Why would you leave the srv off an explorer?
Why would you leave the afmu off an explorer?
You want mass manager on an asp, not deep charge, though honestly the difference is probably negligible.

Anyway, Shir's build there is solid. Not much you can really add to that, and as you can see, you can still have excellent jump range without skimping on anything you need.
  • space is dangerous (granted, weapons make no sense)
  • not everyone loves SRV'ing?
  • not everyone is neutron boosting, so they won't need it?
  • correct

Here's two of mine

Unarmed standard explorer, have been to beagle point with this ship

Armed explorer, but not worth it imo
So this is what i said not to do, but xbox opens this one. We were lucky, and thank you all
So also Com X also suggested mass management not deep charge, why??? Fuel economy yeah???
Ive got pretty much all options with felicity, so ive already poked my genny should i lighten that??
Auto repair is on everybodys list. That takes resources yeah? Think i figered that one now
Whats the drain fuel tank about??? Is the refilling of spare tank ganky???

Im also currently using it for combat, but i guess once i proper leave the bubble there will be nothing to shoot, so why carry weight yeah???
What the frak is neutron boosting??? Alien Jump booster thingy yeah??? Why is this related to amfu???

So this is what i said not to do, but xbox opens this one. We were lucky, and thank you all
So also Com X also suggested mass management not deep charge, why??? Fuel economy yeah???
Ive got pretty much all options with felicity, so ive already poked my genny should i lighten that??
Auto repair is on everybodys list. That takes resources yeah? Think i figered that one now
Whats the drain fuel tank about??? Is the refilling of spare tank ganky???

Yes, both the afmu and repair controller will require resources (refills for the afmu, limpets for the controller). Both can/need to be synthesized (which is another reason to have an srv, so you can always acquire more). Limpets also require some small amount of cargo space. 4 tonnes is enough. I highly recommend carrying both the afmu and the repair limpet controller + cargo space. You never know when you might accidentally faceplant into a high G world, or cook yourself on a white dwarf. And if you are going to neutron boost, you will need the afmu. And none of these things add much, if any, weight, so use your slots for them.

To elaborate on neutron boosting, it involves overcharging your fsd by fuel scooping neutron stars. It gives you a single massive jump range increase, but doing so will slightly damage your fsd (about 1% per boost). The afmu is how you repair this damage.

The alien jump booster as you describe it is the Guardian fsd booster. That's a separate module that will give your range a flat bonus. It's a bit more convoluted to unlock, but well worth it.

The fuel drain thing is using a railgun with plasma slug to allow you to empty your tank deliberately. It's an advanced thing to shed weight so you can make longer jumps in more difficult locations. I wouldn't worry about that too much, it's a rather niche thing.

With carriers everywhere there is no more need to put safety in your builds. Just go for jumprange and the best Thrusters you can find.

Top Bottom