Thrustmaster HOTAS 4 issue - 'soft' HAT switch - anyone know a fix?

Hi all,

Ran into a bit of an annoyance with my HOTAS 4; the down on the HAT switch feels rather soft and doesn't have that same click that it usually does. You can't hear it when you press down and you cn barely feel it.

It still seems to work ok; I can nevigate downwards on menus, select down options on shortcuts, etc, but it's bugging me a little; plus I'm worried that it might be weakened and thus more likely to break soon.

Does anyone know if this is a common issue and whether there is a way to fix it?

Cheers

It happens - happened to me too - no fix. I enquired of the manufacturers and distributors - they don't sell replacement parts. If you can get an old dodgy one with a working hat you could cannibalise it maybe. Im not an electrical engineer, maybe you can get a replacement somewhere else - a la 'Radio shack' type thing maybe?

If you replace the hole circuit board and switches as one it may be easier...
jGjPlVEEElvCJncT.huge

If you don't have a soldering iron, solder and de-solder pump allready then this first " replace and swap" of the circuit board is going to cost you more to do...
The Rotate spring in the stick will also delay reassembly the first time for the sitck as it needs to go in a specific place as most tear down guides will note....

Top Bottom