Newcomer / Intro Tip offs from Mysterious Strangers

So, I got a tip off from a mysterious stranger, telling me to go so a certain planet to find a crashed ship and make some money off of the cargo. I went to the planet, found the crashed ship, blew up the skimmers at the wreckage. So far so good.

Here's where the problem showed up. I looked around the crash site and found 3 cargo racks. I tried to scoop them up with the SRV, couldn't, so I blew them up, and each dropped a grade two manufactured material. Then there were three pieces of cargo I could pick up: some fruits and vegetables, experimental chemicals, and trade data, with a total value of about 11k. There was also a comms beacon I scanned, and I got a message, but I think that was it.

Here's my question: did I miss anything? Cause I'll be honest, I can make 11k and some grade 2 manufactured mats by blowing up one wanted ship at a low RES or a nav beacon.

It was an interesting experience, but if I found everything there was to find, I'm not doing another one of these.

How does the saying go? It's about the journey, not the destination? That couldn't be right, could it?
I literally just did one of these last night because I wanted to see what they were about. It was the 5th such tip off message that I had received and the first that I tried.
I got pretty much the same thing (and that was indeed all). Oh, and I became wanted for the luxury too, so I wandered over to the nearest system without the faction presence and with an interstellar factor to take care of that to boot. I then returned to look around some more, re-doing the 96,000Ls trip from the drop-in point. Sheesh.

The most exciting thing about it is the destination body is smack in the Pleiades sector. This puts me right in the thick of Thargoid encounters, barnacle sites, etc. and close enough to go take a peek at the Pleiades Nebula.

...my experience.

Last edited:
So, I got a tip off from a mysterious stranger, ............

Here's my question: did I miss anything? Cause I'll be honest, I can make 11k and some grade 2 manufactured mats by blowing up one wanted ship at a low RES or a nav beacon.

It was an interesting experience, but if I found everything there was to find, I'm not doing another one of these.

Here is a tip from a mysterious Para Handy: You might like to peer into this thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/investigation-into-the-mysterious-stranger.443594/

;)

Never mind. I just checked; the data from the comm beacon was worth 575k. Much better investment than I previously thought.

So, I got a tip off from a mysterious stranger, telling me to go so a certain planet to find a crashed ship and make some money off of the cargo. I went to the planet, found the crashed ship, blew up the skimmers at the wreckage. So far so good.

Here's where the problem showed up. I looked around the crash site and found 3 cargo racks. I tried to scoop them up with the SRV, couldn't, so I blew them up, and each dropped a grade two manufactured material. Then there were three pieces of cargo I could pick up: some fruits and vegetables, experimental chemicals, and trade data, with a total value of about 11k. There was also a comms beacon I scanned, and I got a message, but I think that was it.

That's all there is to them. Some people have done a lot of these to try and piece together the messages you get from scanning the various things (there is connectivity between different wrecks/sites), but ultimately, they don't actually combine to lead you anywhere else... or at least, not that anyone has observed.

It's not just the money. You often get high grade materials or data there. Also, it's worth having a look around and doing some scavenging. They often take you to places where there are rare raw materials in the rocks.

Top Bottom