Tired of those NPC's escaping from Thargoids fights

Everytime I drop in a Non-Human Threat 4 USS I see an NPC attacked by 4 scouts. I engage the fight and the coward NPC escapes.
I'm really tired of being always alone fighting Thargoids.
I would like to have some NPC ship fighting as well to make it a bit more realistic and engaging.

A Threat 4 could also feature 8-10 Scouts and a couple of NPC ships fighting.
I would also like to fight an Interceptor with the help of other NPC ships.
This gameloop is too predictable and repetitive.

Not worried about the NPCs escaping. More annoyed about finding an incursion system with AX Conflict Zones only to have those conflict zones disappear within a day or less.

I haven't tried those AX USS's OP, but from what you are saying they are as bad as the AX CZs in solo where all the NPCs get killed by the second phase and you are left all alone with a couple of swarms, a couple of interceptors and a handful of scouts ... just glad my krait has a decent boost!

I haven't tried those AX USS's OP, but from what you are saying they are as bad as the AX CZs in solo where all the NPCs get killed by the second phase and you are left all alone with a couple of swarms, a couple of interceptors and a handful of scouts ... just glad my krait has a decent boost!
They're all the same then...

It's very tricky to pull off - but, you can sometimes keep the npc's alive - think I've managed it twice now - concentrate on taking down scouts - especially healers and keep "your" npc's alive - ignore the big ones if you can. Get it right (or get lucky) and the balance will tip in your favour - I've had it where I have so many friendly npc's I can barely get a shot on spawning thargoids before they get splatted. Haven't managed to kill the end "boss" this way though - if solo I just leg it then - still a good reward though and the CZ seems to get marked as "complete"

It's very tricky to pull off - but, you can sometimes keep the npc's alive - think I've managed it twice now - concentrate on taking down scouts - especially healers and keep "your" npc's alive - ignore the big ones if you can. Get it right (or get lucky) and the balance will tip in your favour - I've had it where I have so many friendly npc's I can barely get a shot on spawning thargoids before they get splatted. Haven't managed to kill the end "boss" this way though - if solo I just leg it then - still a good reward though and the CZ seems to get marked as "complete"
Yes, I am getting better at keeping them alive longer, but even when there are almost no scouts left they still make no impact on the swarms or interceptors, and nor can I, so I get myself off, but I have never had the CZ complete. Just grabbed my first couple of weapon blueprints during current II so when that is over and I get the ferry back to Zende, I'll be getting myself some guardian weapons in the hope of making more progress.

It's all a bit buggy and luck plays it's part no doubt - my experience was like yours for quite awhile - but things just seemed to "click" about a week ago - as ever knowing when to run is probably the most valuable skill to learn.
I have most success with an alliance crusader equipped with a guardian fighter. Using 1 guard plasma - 3 ax mc and two normal mc - one corrosive one incendiary - 2 gaurdian hull re-inforcements for the corrosive resists.

They don't die. They escape as soon as I enter. At the end of the match I still see their high wake on my radar.

With the non human uss's it depends on the NPC ship types - haulers and passenger ships leg it right away - if it's gunships or the like then they will stay for the fight.
CZ's are a different "buggy" bug encounter ;)

Top Bottom