To snow, or not to snow, that is the question

Hi guys,

Working on the North American section of my zoo and starting with...timber wolves!

how do you guys fit out their habitats? Snow? Or more of a summery environment? I’m just looking for inspiration, I’m probably going to end up with a little half and half which hey might not be accurate but a.) it’s inaccurate to have coolers meaning the zoo is cold right next to an exhibit where the animal is warm so what the heck!

hit me with your thoughts!

Just depends. Am I going for realism or just for fun? If I go for realism I usually turn animal welfare off and just build on the clear skies weather option and don’t add snow for colder region animals. Sometimes I will have it rain or snow just to see what the zoo looks like.

Hi guys,

Working on the North American section of my zoo and starting with...timber wolves!

how do you guys fit out their habitats? Snow? Or more of a summery environment? I’m just looking for inspiration, I’m probably going to end up with a little half and half which hey might not be accurate but a.) it’s inaccurate to have coolers meaning the zoo is cold right next to an exhibit where the animal is warm so what the heck!

hit me with your thoughts!

There's a lot of nice examples in the workshop. I like the ones with water:

1607136668099.png

1607136681343.png

1607136694404.png

1607136734330.png

They can be a lot more lush than people assume. Water could help cool the wolves down as well. ;)

I think if you want to do snow, making a little mountain with snow at the top would look cool (I did this with my dall sheep habitat and really like the look of it)

Well I’m sitting in the middle really!

I like the idea of a high feature with the snow and then a lusher lower level, I’m going to experiment with a 50/50 set up and see how it looks! I’ll post some screenshots when I’ve made real progress!
Thanks guys!

Top Bottom