Top of the line system and horrible frame rates

Well this is my first time back in a month or so. I hopped into Odyssey, was in the "guy" system, flew over to "Stafford Dock" to land. Wow horrible frame rates while docking (all settings low or off). Using FPS VR, the cpu is the bottle neck, dropping frames left and right, gpu usage at 60% ish. Its unplayable like this, trying to maintain 90fps for a smooth experience isn't happening. I would love to use motionvector ( like I do in DCS) to drop the frames to 45fps but this is also broken in ED and doesn't seem to play well together.

Anybody have a solution? If not I guess ill have to put this game down till things get sorted out.

the cpu is the bottle neck, dropping frames left and right, gpu usage at 60% ish

Chances are that if you look at per-core CPU utilization, it's not going to be the issue either.

Seems to be predominantly an internal GPU bottleneck due to unculled assets wasting time modifying the depth buffer.

Anybody have a solution? If not I guess ill have to put this game down till things get sorted out.

There are some tweaks here and there, but the bulk of the issue is on Frontier's end and will require a patch.

Top Bottom