Trading imrovements

Trading improvements:
So I am going to be a bit critical here. I am a little disappointed in the trading improvements.
To be clear it is a step in the right direction.
However as a trader I have to say I see almost no use for the changes being made. If I want to do a quick localized trade of a single commodity without carrying too much about profit its decent. But if I want to do any trading of maximizing profits I am still being forced into using third party tools such as EDDB.
The filters are a good start .... but we need a lot more filters. I won't pretend to know the in game placement of the filters...(Commodities market page might be best location).
As a trader having filters to set based on variables like planet vs non planet, landing pad size, distance i want to travel, money i have, and so forth that EDDB offers I can quickly and easily find a good trade route. Honestly the only weakness EDDB has is that its not live. Having an in game version of EDDB means all the data is live and I can better make informed decisions instead of getting false positives.
The one good thing of the new system is I can now use EDDB and look in game to compare supply and pricing (if I have been there) to see if the trade route I found is still viable without having to fly there and find out manually.
While figuring out filters is its own challenge I had to learn, it was something that allows me to find my trade route. Based on what I see there is no reason to use the new features beyond piracy or verifying a trade route I find on eddb.
At the end of the day if I have to use third party resources for a game then the game is lacking in that feature and that should get rectified.
Also in terms of lore....It only makes sense to have this system in game. Having data on commodities distributed via the intergalactic network is something that you'd think would be done easily in that century..Seems a big odd we can do it now but they can't then. :p

Honestly the only hard part of this would be figuring out a good place to put all the filters into the game visually....Commodities market tab or maybe under Galactic Powers would be my suggestion.

Top Bottom