Tropical Island DLC, perhaps

I was thinking about some of the southeast Asian animals that aren't in the game. It made me consider a Tropical Island DLC.

One animal I'd love to see in game is the Sumatran tiger. I know we already have the Siberian and Bengal, but the Sumatran is both critically endangered and a common sight in many zoos (especially in Australasia, and New Zealand, where I am from). It's a pretty special cat to a lot of those of us in the southern hemisphere, or specifically Oceania, so it would be nice to see it.

Then there's the siamang gibbon. The sounds this animal makes! I get to do some basic work with them at the zoo I volunteer at. I believe the white-cheeked gibbon was found via datamining so I'd be okay with that too if it was implemented, but in any case I'd love a gibbon. They're such bizarrely unique animals, one third monkey, one third ape, one third something totally unusual. I know they're mostly arboreal so it would be a little difficult to implement, but even so, how fun would it be to build maybe a rope course and see our gibbons brachiating around it?

The Asian small-clawed otter is another staple of Australasian zoos. I was sad that we didn't get any river otters at all. Do any animals dive except the hippos (inc. the pygmy)? Maybe it's a feature they haven't perfected. We were missing river otters in Zoo Tycoon, so this is something that Frontier has a monopoly on I think. Other brilliant Southeast Asian island animals would include the bantenng, anoa (lowland or highland), red-shanked douc, proboscis monkey, clouded leopard, and fishing cat. For exhibit animals, if we really extend the island theme, we can't miss out on the Fiji banded iguana, and if they go Asia, maybe it would be a good time to introduce a truly amphibious "aquatic" biome exhibit for river turtles like the classic Asian leaf turtles.

What do people think? I know the general buzz is around Australian animals (which I would also be okay with), but despite the number of Asian and African species already in the game we are still missing a significant portion.

Top Bottom