Newcomer / Intro Trying to find out what killed me

I had an "accident" yesterday that resulted in my latest viewing of the rebuy screen. However, I can't tell what killed me. I was approaching a planet and was above 2KM when I got a "Hull intergity compromised" alert followed by the dreaded "eject! eject! eject!". I think I may have hit a spike in the middle of an impact crater but I'm not sure.

I've installed EDDiscovery and it just says "Died". Is there any way of finding out exactly what happened?

WEPKAK3.jpg

I'm over it now. The scars have healed. But I'm still curious.

@@@07

I had an "accident" yesterday that resulted in my latest viewing of the rebuy screen. However, I can't tell what killed me. I was approaching a planet and was above 2KM when I got a "Hull intergity compromised" alert followed by the dreaded "eject! eject! eject!". I think I may have hit a spike in the middle of an impact crater but I'm not sure.

I've installed EDDiscovery and it just says "Died". Is there any way of finding out exactly what happened?

WEPKAK3.jpg

I'm over it now. The scars have healed. But I'm still curious.

@@@07
LOL

Well, so it's clear now. You were killed by death.
So next time don't die and you won't be killed. Easy. :LOL:

Journal (saved to the Window's user account's "saved games" directory) or netlog (in the main game install/product directory, inside "logs") files might reveal more.

I've had "hull intergity compromised" alerts but it's only been a couple of percentage points.
Normally happens when I crash into things.
( I do a lot of that :( )

Also had it on planetary approach when the emergency stop thing kicks in.
But again only a couple of percentage points.

I suppose if your hull integrity was at a low level then it might put you past the tipping point.

Or perhaps if you were flying without shields up ??

Only a guess.

The only thing that I have ever seen that is as catastrophic as described was crashing into a skimmer, and even that has been toned down.

Had a look at the journal. I'm none the wiser :ROFLMAO:

{ "timestamp":"2019-08-16T15:16:10Z", "event":"Died" }

As you guessed earlier, I suspect you splatted into the central peak in the dark. It is high and steep so without having night vision on you could easily have impacted without noticing it. If you like, you could submit a support ticket (including your logs) asking what happened, they might have better telemetry available.

I could I s'pose, but it seems a bit trivial - I want to keep off the Dev's radar as you never know what could happen it one makes a nuisance of onseslef :D

I was just trying to slake my curiousity.

If you really really cared you could have been watching the screen when you crashed then you'd know what happened :)

I wouldn't bother Support when it's just idle curiosity - at most you could try and recreate the scenario for yourself and see if you can work it out, otherwise move on and find other ways to die, there are many ;)

LOL

Well, so it's clear now. You were killed by death.
So next time don't die and you won't be killed. Easy. :LOL:

Unless of course you also Float...and/or Burn...then it could have been a Duck, Wood, or a Witch...Did you turn into a Newt right before it happened? And did you get better right after? As you are not a Newt NOW...I say it was a Witch...Definitely a Witch...or possibly a Duck. No, No...A Witch, with a Wooden Broom! Yes, That was it! You ran into a Witch flying on a broom carrying a Duck!

The wonders of Modern Logical Deduction!!

Top Bottom