Twenthe Zoo

Hello all! Welcome to Twenthe Zoo, a fresh new Wildlife Park located in Twente, an area in the east of the Netherlands (in an alternate reality).
Here you can see an overview of what has been build so far as of April 5th.
Overview April 5th.png

The zoo's origin story lies with the two rich lords who build Manor Demitravail and started collecting animals as well, most famously their Indian Peafowl that roam freely around the manor gardens. These days the manor is more of a historical monument and an attraction to visit just outside the zoo. (Credits for the manor mostly goes to my friend KevinJ, whom I did a collab with few years ago. I edited it a little bit with his permission and saved it as a blueprint for myself)
Manor Demitravail.pngManor Demitravail 2.pngManor Demitravail backyard.png

Most visitors start there, then follow the path towards the main entrance of the zoo, visiting a little insect garden along the way.
Insect Garden.pngEntrance.png

So far, the zoo has started constructing an African area, starting with African Penguin in Boulder Beach, named after a famous beach where these endangered penguins can be found.
Boulder Beach.pngBoulder Beach Underwater Viewing.png

So, I'm a bit new to sharing my building project. I'm very curious what you guys think about my zoo so far. Thank you for visiting!

Last edited:
Thanks all for your kind comments!

Twenthe Zoo made a little progress today. There has been some finishing touches around Boulder Beach (African Penguin habitat) and the construction of the Kalahari Mudplains habitat has started. The later will hold both the common warthog and a meerkat family.
Boulder Beach 2.png
As you can see the viewing area has a little more education boards and more foliage and seating.
Kalahari Mudplains WIP.png
You can see the grassy side of the habitat is being finished and the warthogs did arrive already. The meerkats are still in quarantine, while their burrow and sandy side of the habitat is still being constructed.

Top Bottom