General / Off-Topic Twitter begone!

Hit me

One particular incident I was part of was someone who admitted his sole objection to Harry marrying Meghan was that she was black and blacks shouldn’t be in the Royal family. I mean that sort of racism.

I came across this stuff constantly on Twitter, it was kinda my thing to look for it and object to it. Whilst I know you will never talk a racist out of being racist, I believe it is vital to let them know their views are abhorrent.
Ahh ok that’s bad, then I agree.

Hit me

One particular incident I was part of was someone who admitted his sole objection to Harry marrying Meghan was that she was black and blacks shouldn’t be in the Royal family. I mean that sort of racism.

I came across this stuff constantly on Twitter, it was kinda my thing to look for it and object to it. Whilst I know you will never talk a racist out of being racist, I believe it is vital to let them know their views are abhorrent.
If that's what was said then I would object, too. But the problem is that you already disqualify yourself when you openly admit to "looking for and objecting to" these kinds of things; everything is going to look like bigotry to a guy that does that, and more often than not their hypersensitive cherry picking of quotes and comments is going to become more about feeding their agenda then finding the truth. In my experience, guys like that misconstrue the facts far more then they represent them fairly.

If that's what was said then I would object, too. But the problem is that you already disqualify yourself when you openly admit to "looking for and objecting to" these kinds of things; everything is going to look like bigotry to a guy that does that, and more often than not their hypersensitive cherry picking of quotes and comments is going to become more about feeding their agenda then finding the truth. In my experience, guys like that misconstrue the facts far more then they represent them fairly.

Well, I’m guessing you didn’t follow me on Twitter because the tweets I pulled up were very clear, there was no ambiguity in the tweets you say I was ‘cherry picking’. Finding flat out racism, no interpretation required, unarguable racism, is easy on Twitter.

You only have to go through the responses the Mayor of London gets to find it. Clear examples, clear as the one I gave in this thread earlier. I didn’t have to rely on spurious tweets, or half implied, there is a sickening wealth of actual racism on there.

Well, I’m guessing you didn’t follow me on Twitter because the tweets I pulled up were very clear, there was no ambiguity in the tweets you say I was ‘cherry picking’. Finding flat out racism, no interpretation required, unarguable racism, is easy on Twitter.

You only have to go through the responses the Mayor of London gets to find it. Clear examples, clear as the one I gave in this thread earlier. I didn’t have to rely on spurious tweets, or half implied, there is a sickening wealth of actual racism on there.
Generally speaking I trust activists about as much as I trust racists.

Saw this on Instagram of all places:

Top Bottom