I think all medium and large new purchases come with supercruise assist fitted and no docking computer. (I just comissioned a dedicated mining Clyde Puffer Python and it came with SCA and no DC.)

how do you take all pips off engines?
Pips is probably the most important control you have in the game. I'm assuming that you know how to move them. if you don't, you had better ask. 3 pips to shields and 3 to weapons, 2 to weapons and 4 to shields, or 2 to shields and 4 to weapons, all result in no pips to engines.

When manually docking, I always put 4 pips to shields and 2 to engines before I start my approach. It makes it a bit more forgiving if you get it wrong going through the mailslot.

When manually docking, I always put 4 pips to shields and 2 to engines before I start my approach. It makes it a bit more forgiving if you get it wrong going through the mailslot.

... however, don't do that just 'cos that is what the DC does. ;) As @d8veh points out, having no pips in engines makes the thrusters more "sedate" and so actually manoeuvring over the pad is much easier to control, especially for less practiced commanders.

Top Bottom