Tyrannosaur Family is growing

I love the fact that Albertosaurus is finally making its debut in Jurassic world evolution and the possibilities of having a smaller tyrannosaur is absolutely fantastic T-Rex is still my favorite among the Tyrannosaur is of course but Albertosaurus has to be my second favorite however there is room for one more lore based tyrannosaur and that would have to be......
TERATOPHONEUS
DfK1BzOW0AEwl4P.jpg

Teratophoneus-adult-skeleton-web-use-1024x768.jpg

this dinosaur would absolutely be a fantastic addition due to its connection to the lore of Jurassic World thanks to the brief appearance of a skeleton fossil found in the Lockwood Manor, as well as being a corpse near the tracking station in Fallen Kingdom and also a deleted scene where the TERATOPHONEUS instead of the Allosaurus was killed buy a lava ball.

I think it would absolutely be fantastic if we had three different variants of tyrannosaurs even though they're not related it's still the same genus of
theropods. Besides teratophoneus is about the same size as the herrerasaurus in the game already and imagine a Tyrannosaur about that size you could put an exhibit with T-Rex or Albertosaurus without them killing each other.

TYRANNOSAURUS REX-LARGE TYRANNOSAUR
54230478_2168384673245179_1485262466861111300_n.jpg

ALBERTOSAURUS-MEDIUM TYRANNOSAUR or Carnotaurus sized
Albertosaurus-Evolution.jpg

TERATOPHONEUS-SMALL TYRANNOSAUR or Herrerasaurus Sized
61uh0agfHKL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Teratophoneus was likely bigger than that though. The 6-meter specimen is believed to have only been a subadult and not fully grown.

I did about a little bit more research and think that the mix average size of teratophoneus was 20 feet the biggest so far is probably no bigger than a Utahraptor. Well this is one of the very first Tyrannosaurs after the extinction of Siats and other Allosauriods from North America 76 million years ago.

Last edited:
I've noticed that the hand posture for Albertosaurus in this screenshot is much more accurate than most of the theropods in the game. Not at all like the raccoon hands of T. rex and the other theropods.

I wonder if this is their normal posture, and if so, GREAT. I also wonder if that's unique to Albertosaurus or if they actually changed the hand rotation of more theropods in the game.

I've noticed that the hand posture for Albertosaurus in this screenshot is much more accurate than most of the theropods in the game. Not at all like the raccoon hands of T. rex and the other theropods.

I wonder if this is their normal posture, and if so, GREAT. I also wonder if that's unique to Albertosaurus or if they actually changed the hand rotation of more theropods in the game.
I noticed that too? could it be that maybe because it's a non-canon dinosaur that's why they're able to do scientific liberties for this particular species? although I'm hoping Teratophoneus and concavenator will also make an appearance in Jurassic world evolution. Although its head Crest is a little excessive but I don't mind the design I think it's very cool very distinct

I did about a little bit more research and think that the mix average size of teratophoneus was 20 feet the biggest so far is probably no bigger than a Utahraptor. Well this is one of the very first Tyrannosaurs after the extinction of Siats and other Allosauriods from North America 76 million years ago.

Well, we don't even have enough specimens to even conclude an average size and the two primary specimens that we do have(BYU 8120 and UMNH VP 16690) are believed to have been only subadults. BYU 8120 at a subadult stage is already estimated to be around 6 meters long, which would mean that a full-grown Teratophoneus would most likely exceed that size.

Well, we don't even have enough specimens to even conclude an average size and the two primary specimens that we do have(BYU 8120 and UMNH VP 16690) are believed to have been only subadults. BYU 8120 at a subadult stage is already estimated to be around 6 meters long, which would mean that a full-grown Teratophoneus would most likely exceed that size.
True we don't know much about the early Tyrannosaurs nor to the paleontologist so we don't exactly know what size they can get but I'm guessing about like 25 feet in length at least that's my prediction on a full-size Teratophoneus. although it would be interesting to have a small tyrannosaur that please in the sight of Tyrannosaurus Rex in Jurassic world evolution.

True we don't know much about the early Tyrannosaurs nor to the paleontologist so we don't exactly know what size they can get but I'm guessing about like 25 feet in length at least that's my prediction on a full-size Teratophoneus. although it would be interesting to have a small tyrannosaur that please in the sight of Tyrannosaurus Rex in Jurassic world evolution.

Yeah, I'd say 24-27ft would be a pretty good range for how large an adult Teratophoneus would be. In terms of the in-game model, most of the "large" carnivores in the game tend to be bigger than their real-life counterpart, so the in-game Terotophoneus would probably around Majungasaurus size, which would still be small enough to look like a dwarf next to T-rex.

Teratophoneus can always be around the same size or a little smaller than the Spinoraptor, which itself is the smallest of the Large theropods. Which would give us a nice size range between the four tyrannosaurs.
Proceratosaurus: Small
Teratophoneus: Medium-Small
Albertosaurus: Medium-Large
Tyrannosaurus rex: Large

Meh... I'd sooner go with Alioramus or something along those lines myself... not only is it one of the smaller tyrannosaurs and fit the size category being suggested, but the unique shape of the skull would let it stand out a lot better. Not to mention it's from Asia, as oppose to another american tyrannosaur... and better still, it wouldn't be getting into the game all because it's barely canon-ish...

Meh... I'd sooner go with Alioramus or something along those lines myself... not only is it one of the smaller tyrannosaurs and fit the size category being suggested, but the unique shape of the skull would let it stand out a lot better. Not to mention it's from Asia, as oppose to another american tyrannosaur... and better still, it wouldn't be getting into the game all because it's barely canon-ish...
Alioramus was one of the dinosaurs planned for Operation Genesis, but it was cut likely in favor of Albertosaurus. So there is precedent for the dinosaur in the franchise. It was also in the Jurassic Park Institute.

well my friend Teratophoneus is Technically Canon my friend. I even suggested that there should be at least two Asian Tyrannosaurus in the wish list, TARBOSAURUS, and QIANZHOUSAURUS, although I would love a total of 6 Tyrannosaurus

NORTH AMERICA
TYRANNOSAURUS REX
ALBERTOSAURUS
TERATOPHONEUS

ASIA
TARBOSAURUS
QIANZHOUSAURUS
ALIORAMUS

If Frontier chooses to add a small-sized tyrannosaur I would like it to be Alioramus. We would complete the three sizes of the Tyrannosaurus family.

If he opts for another large tyrannosaur, I would prefer Zhuchengtyrannus well above Tarbosaurus.

Both would be in Asia, which would be a good point. In Asia there is no big carnivore and we only have Velociraptor and Dilophosaurus as carnivores in general. Anyway, it seems to me that the roster of big carnivores is more than good. Acro, Carcha, Giga, Spino and T-Rex are "the big five".

I would like to add other more unique dinosaurs like Therizinosaurus.

While yes, Alioramus would likely be a more visually striking option, Teratophoneus is 100% canon. There were live Teratophoneus on Isla Nublar during the first Jurassic World film. A carcass of a Teratophoneus can be seen in Fallen Kingdom and a skeleton is also seen in the Lockwood museum.

While yes, Alioramus would likely be a more visually striking option, Teratophoneus is 100% canon. There were live Teratophoneus on Isla Nublar during the first Jurassic World film. A carcass of a Teratophoneus can be seen in Fallen Kingdom and a skeleton is also seen in the Lockwood museum.
Yes I agree! Teratophoneus has a much more likely chance of being included into Jurassic world evolution then Alioramus. I would definitely love this small tyrannosaur to be included into Jurassic world Evolution this way we can have three different sizes of tyrannosaur.

Top Bottom