Dinosaurs Tyrannosaur interaction (T.Rex and Proceratosaurus)

I have been thinking of a way to make the Tyrannosaurus rex in-game feel more unique from the other carnivores. One way I thought of was making it seem more intelligent with another dinosaur species. In this case, with the Proceratosaurus, a "tiny" tyrannosaur from the Carnivore Dinosaur Pack DLC.

In Jurassic World, the t.rex in the film was shown to have a "choose" on what to kill and what not to kill. Colin Trevorrow, the director of Jurassic World, explained in a interview video with Frontier community manager, Steggs, that part of their reasoning for making the rex like that in-film was partly because they referenced some relatively recent studies that the t.rex was much more intelligent than previously thought. So, I had an idea to make it seem more intelligent by making both it and the proceratosaurus interact with each other in a symbiotic fashion, in a way that's similar as to how certai nbird species "clean" the mouths of modern day crocodiles.

The idea was mainly inspired by this brief scene in the 2013 film, Walking with Dinosaurs where the bird, Alex, picks from a gorgosaurus's open mouth:

The conceptual idea is to have the rex lay down onto a resting position where it triggers a selected proceratosaurus to go into position to where a script animation plays out.

The t.rex, as it lays down, will have its mouth wide open, intently waiting for a procerato to come by. Once it does, the sequence begins. The proceratosaurus will cautiously step towards the t.rex where it breifly investigates before moving its head closer to the jaws of the t.rex. The proceratosaurus would be attracted to the scent of what may be left on the rex's gums. As a result, the little carnivore would then start nipping along the outer sides of the teeth (due to the fact the procerato's head is relatively too thick to go literally inside the mouth). After a few seconds, the rex would then snap its jaws shut as a way to say "my mouth feels clean now", at which point the procerato jumps back in surprise. The rex growls, but not aggressively, at the proceratosaurus before the script sequence for the little dinosaur ends and where it switches from whatever this new behavior may be called (if it would be a new behavior mode) to "Panicking" where it then turns and runs away. From that point, the rex stands back up and its own script sequence ends as well.

Large part of my reasoning of choosing proceratosaurus for this was because I thought of making it into a silly joke as when the t.rex is often brought up in various places such as Cabot Finch's comment, the Carnivore Dinosaur Pack DLC trailer, and how Frontier in their JWE Twitter account make some silly comments about them together from another person's photo they share. So because of that, I thought of making it like: Procerato and t.rex are always brought about together in words so why not make them mess around with each other more?

Last edited:
T.rex and Proceratosaurus are from different times and continents. It wouldn't make much sense to have them have a symbiotic relationship. This would make more sense for two dinosaurs that are actually contemporary.

Troodon and Albertosaurus would make more sense for example.

T.rex and Proceratosaurus are from different times and continents. It wouldn't make much sense to have them have a symbiotic relationship. This would make more sense for two dinosaurs that are actually contemporary.

I was just thinking that. Perhaps if Archoraptor (I think I spelled it right) was added, it could do this.

But remember, as Jurassic Park franchise game, anything is possible for the dinosaurs, as long as the behaviors are grounded enough to be realistically reasonable in the right perspective. I choose Proceratosaurus because, as stated above, it's merely a silly joke because both species are often referred together in words, because they are both related, and it was a way of showing how intelligent the tyrannosaurus was in the last two films, as the directors used some recent intelligent studies for the in-film rex's behavioral characteristics.

It's just a mere conceptual idea to kinda build upon whatever can be planned and implemented that's similar.

But remember, as Jurassic Park franchise game, anything is possible for the dinosaurs, as long as the behaviors are grounded enough to be realistically reasonable in the right perspective. I choose Proceratosaurus because, as stated above, it's merely a silly joke because both species are often referred together in words, because they are both related, and it was a way of showing how intelligent the tyrannosaurus was in the last two films, as the directors used some recent intelligent studies for the in-film rex's behavioral characteristics.

It's just a mere conceptual idea to kinda build upon whatever can be planned and implemented that's similar.
That makes sense, but many players like putting dinos that actually lived together in the same enclosure. I really would like it a lot more if a dinosaur that lived alongside T. Rex cleaned its teeth. On a related note, no dino genuses in the game that lived with T. Rex in real life can live peacefully with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom