General / Off-Topic Ukraine will build an Antonov An-225 for the China

Not only that, but they are also buying the technical data pack and licence to produce more.

Other than give the Chinese the largest and most capable heavily lift fleet this plane has another interesting feature

It was specifically designed for hauling large external loads on it's back (the soviet shuttle). this would give the Chinese a boost in logistics for their space efforts.

Remember walking back from Heald Green near Manchester Airport having had my Subway dinner, when I heard this huge noise above me, far louder than is usual for the planes as they come into land. I looked up and had a real moment at the sheer size and noise the thing makes.

The plane is an absolute beast. I'm used to seeing A380s and 747's land at Manchester, but to see this thing was something else. It makes them look like 737s or A320s

One of the joys of working near the airport is when you get these rare sites, be it military Jets coming into land such as AWACS, and Eurofighters, or Concorde back in the day.

I've even seen a real life Beluga in the Sky.

Scariest was when a Saudi Arabian Hercules decided to avoid normal flight paths and barely cleared our office building causing the windows to shake and car alarms to be set off.

Sorry that should read second scariest. Scariest was 9/11 and being in an office close to an airport.

Last edited:
Remember walking back from Heald Green near Manchester Airport having had my Subway dinner, when I heard this huge noise above me, far louder than is usual for the planes as they come into land. I looked up and had a real moment at the sheer size and noise the thing makes.

The plane is an absolute beast. I'm used to seeing A380s and 747's land at Manchester, but to see this thing was something else. It makes them look like 737s or A320s

One of the joys of working near the airport is when you get these rare sites, be it military Jets coming into land such as AWACS, and Eurofighters, or Concorde back in the day.

I've even seen a real life Beluga in the Sky.

Scariest was when a Saudi Arabian Hercules decided to avoid normal flight paths and barely cleared our office building causing the windows to shake and car alarms to be set off.

Sorry that should read second scariest. Scariest was 9/11 and being in an office close to an airport.

Thanks for this story. Very immersive

Last edited:
Top Bottom