Understanding Influence

I have a pet system I am working in at the moment where I am slowly manipulating a particular faction into power. Whilst doing so I have been somewhat confused about how influence actually gets applied.

When I hand in a mission and select an influence reward I would have expected that the reward what get applied immediately as the other 4 types of rewards do. However, in my experience that is not the case. I have handed in stacks of missions at once, all influence , and noticed absolutely zero change in the influence of the faction*. I log out and come back later and suddenly it's jumped about by the kind of amount I would have expected initially.

So how does influence get applied? Is it a bulk thing because of the BGS nature of the reward. If so then when do these batches get applied? Hourly, Daily?

*I am aware that once you equalize influence with another faction in a system that influence gain freezes until a war has been fought. That's not what I am talking about here.

I have a pet system I am working in at the moment where I am slowly manipulating a particular faction into power. Whilst doing so I have been somewhat confused about how influence actually gets applied.

When I hand in a mission and select an influence reward I would have expected that the reward what get applied immediately as the other 4 types of rewards do. However, in my experience that is not the case. I have handed in stacks of missions at once, all influence , and noticed absolutely zero change in the influence of the faction*. I log out and come back later and suddenly it's jumped about by the kind of amount I would have expected initially.

So how does influence get applied? Is it a bulk thing because of the BGS nature of the reward. If so then when do these batches get applied? Hourly, Daily?

*I am aware that once you equalize influence with another faction in a system that influence gain freezes until a war has been fought. That's not what I am talking about here.

Have a look in the BGS subforum here:

The top two stickies will answer your first questions & far more.

Good luck!

Like others have said, BGS transactions apply at the daily tick.

Because virtually everything affects influence and state, this is likely millions of transactions in a single day to a single source of truth if done in realtime, and each of those transactions would need to be propagated to all other players. I can only imagine this to be the state of the servers if done in realtime.

Top Bottom