Unreachable systems

Still so much speculation on FCs.

We've no idea on what it takes to refuel one. That 500ly jump range sounds great, but I'm of the mind that many will find it a curse because of the grind required to refuel it for the next jump. Perhaps it will add a 'new' twist to the exploration aspect of the game... jump, explore, spend weeks gathering fuel for the next jump (grind), repeat.

Maybe with space legs and an increased presence of Thargoids, exploration might not be as easy in the future. We've already seen a preview of a new Thargoid ship variant; What impact is that meant to hold?

Just wondering, like the rest of you.

HD 254755 , I believe its in Keplers Crest. Haven't done any serious research but it seems really far away from any other system. Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be unreachable even with the carriers 500 ly jump range.

HD 254755 , I believe its in Keplers Crest. Haven't done any serious research but it seems really far away from any other system. Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be unreachable even with the carriers 500 ly jump range.
I just reach there today with my fc. Nothing there :D

-Cmdr Juzborn
nth.jpg
nth 1.jpg

Very nice, wouldn't be the first time I have gone way down or up and found nothing but a star, and then you keep doing it and suddenly find something really interesting;

This system for instance was 497ly from the nearest star.

43XyEL4.jpg

8 Terraformable bodies around the B star!

Very nice, wouldn't be the first time I have gone way down or up and found nothing but a star, and then you keep doing it and suddenly find something really interesting;

This system for instance was 497ly from the nearest star.

43XyEL4.jpg

8 Terraformable bodies around the B star!
wow i'm totally scrambling to it rw to hijack the FD.. wait.. nvm

this is a crazy discover CMDR o7

Last edited:
wow i'm totally scrambling to it rw to hijack the FD.. wait.. nvm

this is a crazy discover CMDR o7

Then there was that one right up the top of the galaxy, 511ly away, I looked and looked but couldn't get any closer, who knows what could have been there? Just out of reach! Maybe one day we will get a ship that can go further, I will be heading that way if we do, it's maddening knowing it's so close but just out of range!

Then there was that one right up the top of the galaxy, 511ly away, I looked and looked but couldn't get any closer, who knows what could have been there? Just out of reach! Maybe one day we will get a ship that can go further, I will be heading that way if we do, it's maddening knowing it's so close but just out of range!
is there a way to measure distance between systems?

is there a way to measure distance between systems?

For unvisited stars only indirectly for the most part, for the 511ly on I flew as close as I could get in my Phantom then brought FC up and started searching from there, I could jump the FC to the closest system I could find and it was still 511ly away. Other times I will place my phantom or FC directly above or below the star in question and use the distance to the star as a base, say 3kly, then look around the stars location for others, usually you will need to move closer to the FC to find them, then subtract one from the other to get the distance between the two, if it looks remotely possible I will then head that way with the FC to see if I can reach it. Sometimes it's obvious there's no way. For instance a few stars I have been trying to reach are 4kly+ away from the nearest stars closer to the main body of the galaxy itself, there's no point in trying to get to those, but some are tantalisingly close, worth trying but not worth getting to many hopes up.

Stars that have been visited of course get an exact galactic location listed so for any two visited stars with a bit of calculation you can get a pretty exact distance between them, for the rest its guesswork.

Top Bottom