Unresponsive Discover Scans

One thing I keep getting while exploring is my discover scanner fires but I get no response from it, sometimes for a couple of minutes and occasionally I get a 'data corrupt' message. A few times I've fired the scanner about 4 or 5 times and then get 4 or 5 messages from it over the next few minutes as it completes.

I don't know the reason why it does this as I've had instant responses getting over 30 objects while other times it takes minutes to tell me it only found the star. I'm guessing its the server connection issue.

I think the game needs some kind of 'Gathering Data' message to appear when the scanner fires and also to not allow it to fire again until after the data has been collected.

I'm fine the 'data corrupt' messages as this adds a little realism in that scanners don't always work every time the right way.

It sometimes takes up 5 seconds for the scanner to respond, but I've never had a large delay like that. Probably a connection issue as you suggested.

I had a couple of noticeably slow (but not counted in minutes) responses yesterday just after release and put it down to server load as everyone and their space dog was probably on line at the time. Scans later in the day were OK, but I did encounter a glitch where the scanner was repeat scanning a belt cluster that I already had data for. It wouldn't harm to put in a ticket with a copy of your netlog.

Top Bottom