Upcoming game grom Notch

I was just about to post that link too.
I'm really looking forward to this as well. I like the idea that the single player version won't have a monthly fee.
I play Star Wars Old Republic but I play it more as a single player game and don't really take advantage of it's mmo-iness - which means I won't bother renewing the fee and so I'll miss out on the rest of the game.

And I already coded some "hello world" and a vector calculation routine for the DCPU-16. I'm in love with this game already! :D

I've heard of this and will keep an eye on how it goes... while I enjoy Minecraft, I also find it infuriating in some respects.

I hope they don't go for the same block-based style though - I would like something that looks smooth, planets are round (ish), and gives a sense of scale. It doesn't have to be AAA quality artwork, just enough that you can believe in it.

The other things of course are how well a subscription model will go down in a world that seems to be moving toward free to play with micro-purchases (which I actually prefer, when done correctly), and how ambitious it is with this inbuilt computer system - it could put a lot of people off. I write code every day to earn a living, I enjoy it, but I don't much fancy learning anything beyond simple&fun just to get something out of a single game.

Top Bottom